mini skimmer

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

yup, that's my gripe with aqua c too...hand made, when it should be machined..
so if "tito" hasnt taken a crap yet, and he drills the hole for the injector just 1/4" off in any direction, then POOF!!! you have a crappy skimmer.

yup, that's my gripe with aqua c too...hand made, when it should be machined..
so if "tito" hasnt taken a crap yet, and he drills the hole for the injector just 1/4" off in any direction, then POOF!!! you have a crappy skimmer.

Lmao..Why does his name have to be Tito? How about Fred or Mike?

Scooterman, I haven't ran one. I've only seen pics and they look pretty nice. The mj has a nice pw impeller and nice venturi on it. Good little design and i'm sure it would work very well for a 29g or less.
Wrote them today & got a reply with dimensions, with the hanger in place it won't fit the RSM, unless I could somehow modify it, sorta wish it would of worked though.

Picture352.jpg

remora nano.. on a 10g..

works great for me.

if you plan on upgradeing later, you might wanna just get the regular one.. it will work as well... little over powerd but will suit you nicely when its time to get bigger.

Holy colt coral batman!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just hate overflows as we both know they will happen with a hot like the aquatraders. There's also an aquaeuro like the bm for 39.99 that will most likely suffice that tank as well. Its for smaller tanks like 10g. May get one for the 4yr old, gotta start him early : )

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merc...uct_Code=H-AENS&Category_Code=aquaeuro[/quote]

I think for the purpose of keeping the skimmer in the rear chamber of the Red Sea Max, this body will fit, the hang on bracket won't. So I still plan on buying it & let the hanger hang out the tank, the bottom part of the bracket will sit in the edge of the tank, with 3 3/8" width in the chamber It should stay put. My question is the skimmer will sit 2" higher that the skimmer should If it would be sitting on the hanger. Is this going to be an issue? The 12" mark is the part that will hang over the tank rather the 14" part.

Shouldn't be a problem at all. Will be less backpressure on the pump and more air. I think you can take that whole hanging part off too so it won't be to ugly. Definately want to see some pics when you get it hooked up and some performance feedback.

they make these little stick on "docks" for zipties to connect to, you could just put a ziptie around the skimmer body and crazyglue the ziptie holder to a small magnet cleaner, and then be able to adjust/remove skimmer as neccessary.

they make these little stick on "docks" for zipties to connect to, you could just put a ziptie around the skimmer body and crazyglue the ziptie holder to a small magnet cleaner, and then be able to adjust/remove skimmer as neccessary.

I'm lost to the stick docks your talking about?:confused: Please help.:confused:

The guy said he will get them in about 3 weeks, so I'll order one then & see how well it preforms, MJ's PH's are so stout I just can't say anything bad about that little pump, I think that skimmer I have works well but being it is similar driven like an injector rather than a Fractionator as in a needle wheel should actually preform better, also I can Mesh it:D

I asked if it was made of plastic or extruded acrylic but got no answer to that, is it plastic?

lol...sorry, i cant remember what they are called...
it's a little, flat, black plastic square with sticky tape on one side, the other side has a couple holes for the ziptie to go through, it's used to mount the ziptied item to whatever you stick it to.

I think I know what your talking about, once I get the skimmer we'll see what issues I have, I think we can do whatever necessary to make i work right & fit the needs of this lightly loaded tank. Three small fish, one hitchhiker snail & two hermits LOL!

I'd pry just leave the pw instead of meshing it out. The pw will most likely do about teh same as mesh on that little guy. And it looks like acrylic to me.

Extruded acrylic & at the cost of only $70 bucks, man that is cheap LOL, I guess I'm going to have to do a full review, IMO little or not should tell about their other products quality for that price.

I'd pry just leave the pw instead of meshing it out. The pw will most likely do about teh same as mesh on that little guy. And it looks like acrylic to me.

oh, i didnt realize that little thing already had a pw in it,
i thought it was a stock impellar...
well then, this little $70 skimmer has the same power as a $275 deltec mce 300...lol

Yep, the mj has a tiny pw on it so its pry going to pull as much as the mce300. Can't beat the price of 70bux.

Back