Missing FOXFACE

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

cookie

cat
My fox face rabbit fish is missing. I have had him about a month and he has never been a shy guy, always ate and paled around with my other fish. He is now missing and I dont know what to do. i searched my house and around the tank and there there is no trace of him. I searched my tank for the past three hours and nothing. I have a LTA and I am wondering if he could have at my fox? there is NO trace of him being dead and all my chemical levels are in check. Are these guys known for jumping? Also, I saw his last night. Is there anyway that between my cleaner shrimp and LTA they could have licked him clean and nt left a trace? Its just not like him to hid. What could it be?

Cookie, My foxface can be shy smetimes. A couple times he was missing.But the next day or 2 there he is. After my lights go out you can never find him. I have had a flash light out several times looking for him. I still dont know where he hides at night. I have seen him lay on his side between rocks during the day. Hopefully yours is just shy today.. JIM

Cookie, My foxface can be shy smetimes. A couple times he was missing.But the next day or 2 there he is. After my lights go out you can never find him. I have had a flash light out several times looking for him. I still dont know where he hides at night. I have seen him lay on his side between rocks during the day. Hopefully yours is just shy today.. JIM

I sure hope that is the case. he has never been shy from day one and has been missing with the lights on. I have a cat, the cutest cat ever and though maybe my fox jumped she and my cat got a hold of him but I have searched and nothing. Beside, would m cat get sick if she got a hold of him?

Good question when I got hit by mine while cleaning HIS tank my hand swelled up and very painful and ichy. So I dont know. I love my fox I hope yours is taking a break. I also have NOT seen mine ever jump either. My black cardinal and my golby committed suicide by jumping out.

Good question when I got hit by mine while cleaning HIS tank my hand swelled up and very painful and ichy. So I dont know. I love my fox I hope yours is taking a break. I also have NOT seen mine ever jump either. My black cardinal and my golby committed suicide by jumping out.

Man...I am so bummed. I just cant find him. I love that fish. Maybe he is a she and is just being moody...can fish get PMS? Jokes! Seriously though, sometimes dontcha just feel like being alone? I really dont know where he is but my cat seems cute as ever so I dont think she got a hold of him.

I'm sorry I didnt answer any of your questions. I wish one of the big dogs would jump in and answer your questions. Now you have my complete attention. I sure hope you find him. After all he is the same colors as the 6 time superbowl pittsburgh steelers and they cant be any prettier than that..lol

I'm sorry I didnt answer any of your questions. I wish one of the big dogs would jump in and answer your questions. Now you have my complete attention. I sure hope you find him. After all he is the same colors as the 6 time superbowl pittsburgh steelers and they cant be any prettier than that..lol

Oh man you again!!! Pittsburgh Smittsburgh. Ya ya they won another superbowl. Maybe that is why mine is in hiding. He is such a Seahawks fan he is ashamed to be seen wearing Steelers colors...not that he has a choice. He is probably depressed!!!!

Redsea, Thanks my other hobby hahaha was working on racecars. I put 2 lugs on one wheel and couldnt find the missing lug. Hence the nick name doublenut....hahaha

When I became a steelers fan before there were seahawks. I used to follow the hawks too until sb 40. The "12th man" kind of ruined it. I know there are loyal fans everywhere but the band wagon jumpers ruined it. So the seahawks had a loosing year this year big deal but the 12th man is quiet. I have had the opertunity in the late 90s while in the king dome to meet alot of the hawks and visiting team every sunday. There were several nice guys on the team. They should have a loyal fan base. Sorry I will be quiet now. My issue.... need to up my meds hahahaha

When I became a steelers fan before there were seahawks. I used to follow the hawks too until sb 40. The "12th man" kind of ruined it. I know there are loyal fans everywhere but the band wagon jumpers ruined it. So the seahawks had a loosing year this year big deal but the 12th man is quiet. I have had the opertunity in the late 90s while in the king dome to meet alot of the hawks and visiting team every sunday. There were several nice guys on the team. They should have a loyal fan base. Sorry I will be quiet now. My issue.... need to up my meds hahahaha

Well reguardless...I just hope my beloved fox reappears....he is the coolest!

Last edited:
I fear he might have jumped and been found by the cat =( (or scooped out if you think he could get up there) Hopefully hes jsut a really good hider though.

I fear he might have jumped and been found by the cat =( (or scooped out if you think he could get up there) Hopefully hes jsut a really good hider though.

day two and three quarters....still missing. I hate hide and go seek. I hope he is alive.

Back