missing six line wrass

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

spongebob lover

flea whisperer
i went to bed last night and my tank was happy. I woke up this morning to feed the fish and my six line wrass was no where insight i've waited all day and sitll i have not seen the six line wrass come out of hiding and i don't see any carcuss.

For the last few months i have been hearing popping or ticking noices coming from the tank at night the only thing that i could imagine this being is a mantis shrimp.
Could it be possible that is what i'm hearing? and if it so could the mantis shrimp have eaten my six line wrass ?

on avarage the poping and ticking is snails at least that is my expierence. I would almost bet your sixline is dead in the rock work some where. they have even been known to jump out of tanks.

well i just did my water change and i moved all the rocks around to see if i could find the dead fish and there's no fish, i looked around the tank to see if by any chance he jumped out of the tank, but again there's no dead fish anywhere, this is really really weird and sad because i really liked that fish :(

What Do You Have In Your Tank Fish, Anemonies, Crabs, Etc, If You Do Have A Mantsis Shirmp It Will Come Out After The Lights Are Off. Search Your Tank With A Flash Light After Dark.

I had one that sometimes would hide deep in a crack in a rock and I wouldnt see him for a couple days. I wouldnt give up yet.

I lost two clowns right when I started... I never found any bodies or anything.

I lost my 6-line, too. I was out for a few hours and when I returned I didn't see him. I fed the tank hoping he'd come out but no luck. The tank was covered pretty well, but I looked around anyway. Nothing. Next thought I had was he jumped out, and the cat ate it. I checked the overflows, sump, everywhere I could think of. I checked the tank in the middle of the night with a flashlight, and saw my 3 hermit crabs cleaning up what was left. He was my favorite, too. *sigh* I have to catch my bicolor blenny....I think he may have been involved.

Nikki I wouldn't be quick to involve you bi-color, they are usually pretty docile and wont inflict harm on other fish. but i also algae blenny that had a bad disposition with snails. it would swim over to where snail was at pluck it off the rock and shoot them across the tank. of course it was the biggest one I had ever seen.

I caught the bicolor blenny nipping at the 6-lines tail at one point. The day it went missing the blenny seemed to always be where the 6-line was, and would follow him around. LOL .... I know it seems weird, but I have a feeling he was harassing the 6-line. I ended up catching the blenny, and he is now by himself in the nano.

spongebob lover said:
i went to bed last night and my tank was happy. I woke up this morning to feed the fish and my six line wrass was no where insight i've waited all day and sitll i have not seen the six line wrass come out of hiding and i don't see any carcuss.

For the last few months i have been hearing popping or ticking noices coming from the tank at night the only thing that i could imagine this being is a mantis shrimp.
Could it be possible that is what i'm hearing? and if it so could the mantis shrimp have eaten my six line wrass ?

spongebob lover,

Do you have a peppermint shrimp in your tank? If yes. Maybe they killed six line wrasse in the dark. I lost six line wrass. :( :(

Zul

pepermint shrimp usually will not kill fish they are scavengers and will pick at fish in the process of dieing. of course so will crabs and some snails.

well that's the thing, i don't have any peppermint shrimp. I have 2 clowns and a damsel and they used to get along very good, i also have one hermit crab but he doesn't bother anyone and he's small. I used to have a bicolor pseudomis, but i got rid of him because he kept picking on my six line.
Now, every time the lights go off i can hear the ticking which is anoying because i can hear it all the way to my bedroom and whatever does that sound it only does it when i'm about to sleep.
I tried looking with a red flashlight and i can't see anything.
I'm really upset with whatever kill my fish because no joke this fish was very very cute and funny, so if is it a mantis shrimp does anyone know how to catch one?
and also if is it the snails doing this sound how come they don't do it in the morning?

Back