Mixing Firefish?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ReefGeeker

If I had 3 different types firefish in my tank would they fight or school together? I'm thinking fight but wanted more input?

Hope you are getting input..was at a lfs yesterday ..they had two single firefirefish..one purple one red..the purple was out to kill the red one..the behavior was vicious..not sure if that was typical but scared me..

Yeah I was just pondering the idea, wanted to see if they were aggressive towards conspecifics as most fish are. I suppose the answer so far is yes. Looks like Ill just get a few more of the same kind I have. Thanks nata!

I once thought about mixing several pairs together in my 120g, but read too many sad ending experiences of having more than 1 pair in a tank. 3 is a crowd. It might work if you have a very large tank maybe closer to 180+ gallons.

I tried to have a group of five in my tank once, then it was four, then three, then two, then one. And as soon as that SOB had killed all the others he then jumped. I now have none :( If you want more then one try for a bonded pair.

Back