MMORPG Gamers

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

warforged

MMORPG Addict!
Who out there are mmorpg addicts? I am currently playing Warhammer online.

I started with Dark Age of Camelot.. My first taste of the addiction to this genre. Since then I have played many of the mmo's if not all at some point.

I've even had the pleasure of doing core testing (alpha to beta) of several of them.

Anyway... hi to the rest of you gamers out here.

I have never tested for Microsoft..I did apply to the xbox gaming department my friends uncle is in charge of... no luck.

I test pay to play games that always stay updated and content added to them.
I beta tested World of warcraft, Rome Rising (floped in beta), Warhammer online, and a few nicknamed as Korean Grind Festivals...

MMORPG defined as a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game.

The games contain a virtual world with an economy and ever changing growing place to. The game evolves as you play and you do pay 15 bucks a month for playing.

Games like: World of Warcraft with millions of subscribers. A server alone can contain a load of people... very large. You can see (if your pc is good) hundreds of players on the battlefield with you at times.

If you are just curious : Google World of Warcraft, Everquest 2, Warhammer online, Eve online, Lord of the Rings Online , and last but not least City of Heroes/Villains.

These games take up a lot of my time (free time i do have). A normal MMO gamer will spend upto a year or more in the same game because it grows and changes and stays fun. You meet a lot of people and make many friends. And enemies (people you kill^^).

My current game is based on Warhammer online dice game... Now its a virtual world. We literally are at war with the other side... Taking down castles...and capturing them. Controlling territory. There is even a player vs monster part of the game where you adventure through dungeons or cross monster infested marshes doing tasks assigned to you by quest givers for rewards. Games like this are large. You literally can travel long hikes across lands that take 10 min to cross on foot or longer..Depending on how horrible the terrain is ...Or running into a 30 ft tall ogre that steps on you (yes i was stomped on before).

Ok now that there is a light education for non mmorpgs players... If you are interested and want to learn more:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massively_multiplayer_online_game

Warhammer online:
Official Site: http://www.warhammeronline.com/

Warcraft online: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/

There are videos and screen shots for your entertainment.

Salty I love myself FPS but only for 6 months of release..after that the cheaters become so advanced its hard to find a cheat free server or lack of cheaters. Currently I am hearing Call of Duty 5 came out...which I think I am going to buy. =)

PS Pong does not count...BUT it gives you the honor of saying "Ive been gaming since Pong". =p

Last edited:
i promised myself and lisa that i will never try an online pc game. it would be the end of my life as i now know it. when final fantasy 7 came out i was hooked on rpg's and i know a world of warcraft style game would totally consume me

i promised myself and lisa that i will never try an online pc game. it would be the end of my life as i now know it. when final fantasy 7 came out i was hooked on rpg's and i know a world of warcraft style game would totally consume me

I am sure it would. There are many girl gamers united in that game now. Live Journal site has a section called DOTA...daughters of the horde.

These ladies all combined into one large all female guild. They blog and post pics ..talk about stuff outside and inside the game.. Its actually cool because for a long time most of us males didnt believe girls played games and they were not real :p

I got 2 level 70's on WOW, and am the guild master for my guild. Been on age of Conan as well. Its cool but I like WoW better. New Diablo is kick as well. I was a Beta tester for Microsoft but in thier operating systems. At least till I voiced my displeasure with mellenium and that was it for me. Sure liked getting the free software man.

DOTA amost sounds like the PMS Clan which I almost joined. I havent played WOW just because my brother in law is so addicted I dont want to be like that lol.

I got 2 level 70's on WOW, and am the guild master for my guild. Been on age of Conan as well. Its cool but I like WoW better. New Diablo is kick as well. I was a Beta tester for Microsoft but in thier operating systems. At least till I voiced my displeasure with mellenium and that was it for me. Sure liked getting the free software man.

WoW lasted 4 years for me. Just didn't like the direction of the dev's. Soon as battlegrounds was in..I was done for. I lost interest in pvp since then.

Conan was good till you got off Tortage. Then you realized how unpolished it was. I played Herald of Xotli..I Loved that demon but once I hit end game.. it was the end literally. Such poor handling of the development basics.

As for MS...they should hire you and appologize. Now they are kicking themselves for releasing such of P.O.S. INoperating System.
:badgrin:

DOTA amost sounds like the PMS Clan which I almost joined. I havent played WOW just because my brother in law is so addicted I dont want to be like that lol.

They were pretty nice on the horde side. TOok them on a few raids with our guild. I transfered to Bronzebeard from Daggerspine pvp in the 1st expansion and met them.

The addiction is probably not just game play. You make lots of friends in the good guilds small or large ones. I have two good friends who have traveled with me for years starting with Everquest 2. We are now in Warhammer and hanging out to this day.:D

I played wow for a year and then let a friend have my account. That game is fun but is a life sucking leach. There really is no end to the game! Everytime you get to something close to what you could call the end they add a new expansion and ten more levels! Never going to get involved in that game again! I would rather do my saltwater stuff.I can't talk tash about people who do play the MMO's but i just choose to not play them anymore! I get to addicted to them!

Back