Mobile support?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

HumblePie

Pico Ninja
Hi all,

Just wanted to toss out the request for a vBulletin MOD called Tapatalk. It's a simple single mod add-on that enables iPhone, Android, and Nokia support for the forums.

Pretty please add this mod.. :)

What does it do?

It's a client app on the phone that allows you to interface directly with the forums. From playing around with the free version for the iPhone it looks pretty dang sweet.

20100102-ja2r1mifwmsadxbe52mp4br5.jpg

20100102-chxrjc5jwm9un5b14x6nshmut9.jpg

20100102-mcg6b4ngc2ut5gk32b3tchpxed.jpg

20100102-jrw3t95tgsu2rmynt97pxkn4hd.jpg

20100102-jng7d54x7q54efg7i4n6w463k.jpg

20100102-xgk77u3w2c8x1g6epb6jddpre5.jpg

20100102-dud8hyjhxjhwsh5qkc1jgfqxx9.jpg

I was just wondering because on my Storm2, I don't need anything but the browser.
Am I missing something?

The browser works. It's just a PITA to zoom in/out and generally enter forum text. I'd even be perfectly happy if there were an optimized mobile site. It just gets a bit annoying to have to zoom and slide on every page refresh.

Since I access these boards about half the time from a mobile device some sort of mobile support would be very welcome...Even RSS feeds... :)

The browser works. It's just a PITA to zoom in/out and generally enter forum text. I'd even be perfectly happy if there were an optimized mobile site. It just gets a bit annoying to have to zoom and slide on every page refresh.

Since I access these boards about half the time from a mobile device some sort of mobile support would be very welcome...Even RSS feeds... :)

I see now.:)

Anything like that for BB's?

We're looking at lots of changes coming soon, so hang tight:D
In the meantime, invite your friends to sign up! :)

We're looking into some upgrades here, so bear with us....

Nick

I believe that Chuck tried tapatalk, but there was a problem.

Yea, I remember a thread on this. He had it up a long time ago but said it caused some issues on the site. A bunch of sites are using this now, so I'd think they got passed their problem. Would be cool to try it again. Would make mobile browsing so much easier. On my phone, I have to zoom in to see the text, then move the screen around a lot, as the posts are spread 4 mobile screens wide.

I believe this is going to be a function of the sizing of the site itself, from what I understand anyway. We will have the ability to see where the member/guest is viewsing us from (as in computer or mobile) so from what I understand is that we can make it so when you come on via the mobile it will shrink the screen size down to one that shows up completely on the phones screen.

But the inner workings are still a little deeper for us to look into.

Mojo

I believe this is going to be a function of the sizing of the site itself, from what I understand anyway. We will have the ability to see where the member/guest is viewsing us from (as in computer or mobile) so from what I understand is that we can make it so when you come on via the mobile it will shrink the screen size down to one that shows up completely on the phones screen.

But the inner workings are still a little deeper for us to look into.

Mojo

I can't wait to check it out on my mobile when I get home.

It would be sweet to have Tapatalk on here if it doesn't affect site performance. Yeah, you can do it in a browser and that's what I was doing Monday night while I was stuck on I-5 but that's kind of clunky. Tapatalk is pretty sweet by comparison. Hope it works out.

Mike

It would be sweet to have Tapatalk on here if it doesn't affect site performance. Yeah, you can do it in a browser and that's what I was doing Monday night while I was stuck on I-5 but that's kind of clunky. Tapatalk is pretty sweet by comparison. Hope it works out.

Mike

Guess you didn't read above, check it out!

Back