Monster in my tank!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

stalefish

So I was breaking down my tank (getting ready for my new one that Clear Fabrications is bldg me) and found what I think is a medusa worm in there. It must have hitch-hiked in on the live rock, but I've had the tank set up for over two years and had never seen it before. When it's stretched out it must be close to three feet long!!!

So I'm not sure what to do with the thing - after doing some quick reading, it doesn't sound like something I'd want to transfer to my new display, plus it creeps my wife out (ok, me too a little). On the other hand, it was in my tank for two plus years...

Anybody have any advice?

-Don

Forgot the pics. Sorry for the bad photos, but I had been pulling stuff out for this tank and I'm not the world's greatest photog anyway.

I deffenently wouldn't put it into the display, but if you are that partial to it... Refugium medusa?

Good luck :),

-augustus

BTW, think about what it ate to get that big!

"BTW, think about what it ate to get that big!"

Yeah - that might explain a few things! I can't believe that could hide that long w/o me noticing it. LOL

I don't think my refugium would be much of a refuge with that in it!

Hmmm, wonder what my peacock mantis would think of it - maybe some youtube material! Something's telling me that's not a good idea...

"BTW, think about what it ate to get that big!"

Yeah - that might explain a few things! I can't believe that could hide that long w/o me noticing it. LOL

I don't think my refugium would be much of a refuge with that in it!

Hmmm, wonder what my peacock mantis would think of it - maybe some youtube material! Something's telling me that's not a good idea...

That thing is tiny after you see this:
http://www.oregonreef.com/sub_worm.htm

Unbelievable!

ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew!

Why do you guys do that! I dont always read the posts befor i click on pictures. I think i will start reading the posts befor looking at the pictures!

The tank's a little over 100 gallons - it's a flat back hex - 60x18x24 (soon to be for sale).

That Oregon reef worm was insane!

My guy's way too big to flush - free to a good home.

Back