Monti Frags

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

it's just another of many species of montipora. I don't think the peltiformis is a whorling/plating species but more so just a flat plating one.

How big a tank is he running?? When you burn an sps you'd think they would know about it.

Last edited:
so if it is a peltiformis, it will just grow out and look like a capricornis, just without the shapes of a cap??

It might also take the shape of a encrusting coral too. What did it look like in his tank, that would be the best idea of what shape it'll take on in your tank???

it was a plate hanging off of a rock..it grew straight out and flat..it just looked like a flat monti cap

thats what I thought, it is not exactly like the whorling, tiering montipora's. It just grows straight out from the base. Also depending on flow it will either thicken for heavier flow or thin if the flow is not as much.

Ron, do you have the Corals of the World, Volumn 1?? I have the 3 set volumn but the first book has the acropora and montipora. You'd love this book as it has every acropora and montipora in it. It is not a how to care for type book but a very good book in showing growth forms, colors and where the coral originated. So many are now captive grown so they are some different.

at first glance, it'll make your brain feel like mush...it's overwhelming but slowly it'll start making sense. Ovbiously there are many, many species of these 2 corals we will never see in the hobby but then there are the ones we see all the time and then there are the more rare and exotic species and you can see what they should resemble.

Back