monti next to a monti?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

1guydude

Well u read the title! Can i put a monti next to a monti on the same rock? Ill leave like an inch or two inbetween, so they can grow but will they eventually kill each other or except each other?

Which type? Plating, encrusting? One of each? Dont know if it makes any difference or not, but it may help. I wouldn't see why not! Same species, should be fine next to each other. I've seen people intermix the plating. I have 4 different color plating monti's very close to each other. Two of them actually attached to each other. I had to thin them out and separated them a long time ago though.

I am actually planning on doing that in the 180. putting all the plating monti's in one area and letting them grow around each other. Hopefully it works.

Well u read the title! Can i put a monti next to a monti on the same rock? Ill leave like an inch or two inbetween, so they can grow but will they eventually kill each other or except each other?

keep growth rates in mind, some montis grow way faster than others, and then one will overtake the other. Ive found if they remain similar sizes, they will grow into eachother, then stop, and start growing the other way....

like in this pics, the separate plating monti's are "swirling around and over eachother" in my tank... no issues for me, but I do trim the idaho grape often as it grows twice as fast as the flower petal / purple rim / strawberry fields....
IMG_2871.jpg

I believe one is encrusting and one is plating... so sounds like it should be okay as long as im a lil careful...

Back