Montipora Question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ronj

Blue Tang
i want to get some plating montipora in my tank..is all montipora "plating"?????

negatory. Digitatas and milli's are montiporas that don't plate like caprironis does. There's other types of monti's as well.

ok, i was going to tell the girl at my lfs to order me some montipora, but i didn't know that it does not all "plate"..she won't know what to order...

aahhh dood yeah you wanna get the cap one... it's really kewl but make sure you blow it with a turkey baster a couple of times because they tend to get detritus or sand on them.
I love my mini tiny little cap the orange are so so so kewl that you'd love it :) .

if i would love it so much, just send me yours Gaby!!!LOL...i will get one soon..i have seen some orange ones and purple ones...i want to get both

if i would love it so much, just send me yours Gaby!!!LOL...i will get one soon..i have seen some orange ones and purple ones...i want to get both

ok now that i remember you wanted some of my leather right?? or was it the kenya tree? .... sheesh when were you gonna remind me.
I think i know how to send stuff now :p, how about if i send you one of those instead because my tini miny is just way to small to be fraged :oops: .

yeah..it was a kenya tree!!! i figured the baby was enough for you to handle right now!! didn't want to burden you...just mount me a kenya tree on a toothbrush and send it!!!!

Digitata and foliosa will grow like weeds if you keep the cal up, and if you break digitata, it will encrust first and then grow fingers like crazy.

how will 1-2monti's do with my leathers in my 125g??? will they kill one another???

Just keep the leathers downwind of the monti, and everybody should do all right. If the monti doesn't grow well, run carbon a lot. Monti isn't as sensitive as some other sps, and will heal rapidly from a burn if given half a chance. Mine coexists with discosoma mushrooms, and gets burned, and heals, and grows like a weed.

i only plan to keep one or two monti's...most of my corals will be leathers(and Kenya trees:) )

monti has been a pain for me in the last few months. Its taking over my tank. My green grows fast but my orange and purple is slow growing. Also if you keep good flow you dont need a turkey baster, I never use one.

i'll end up fragging it if it starts to take over...if you frag any, i'll take some and pay for shipping!!

i dont ship, I had a bad experience on another forum with a member wanting frags. He started treating me like a online store telling me he wanted only show pieces and I was giving them to him. He was a pain in the butt

ahh dood sorry to hear :( .
Ron is not that bad, he would just send you his halloween picture but that's about it :p :lol:

haha would I be included on the family christmas card mailout?

I just sold a 8x10 frag for 25.00

Back