Most Common Mistake you see....Please add one and move on so all can share..

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ed Hahn

Life is A Highway...
I see people rushing thier set ups. Not allowing tank to cycle. Please wait for at least 8 weeks with scheduled lighting periods.

hi i have had a reef set up now for 4 years and every thing is fine apart from i don't seem to get much coralline alge any hits and tips to what i might be missing or need to add or need to check for would appreciate your comments

Coraline Algae

hi i have had a reef set up now for 4 years and every thing is fine apart from i don't seem to get much coralline alge any hits and tips to what i might be missing or need to add or need to check for would appreciate your comments

Keep your Calcium above 300-420 ppm. if you are dosing. Keep your Alkalinity between 2.8-3.5. If you can get a starter piece of coraline algae from a rock or shavings from a friend. I wish You were close to me or if someone else in the club that has some? Good flow keeping things suspended in water columm also helps. That is how I would do it if it were me.;)

Not quarantining.

You only need to wipe out a tank once to learn this lesson, but strangely people always have to learn it for themselves.

thanks to all who have replied to my problem appreciate it loads Ed Hahn being across the water in the uk where i live not to many people have gone to marine they all have tropical fish set ups i may try vital dna if still not working thanks reef guy

Many different ways to flood your house. Watch that ro-di top off and water changes.
Scott:)

Not cleaning your skimmer's air intake (euro-reef type skimmers)

I'll second the quarantining (I've seen too many SPS parasites not to), and I'll also second the RO/DI top-off/float switch. If you don't have a float switch on your fill containers (if you don't top off in the tank) set a timer to remind you to turn off the water :rolleyes:.

Not cleaning your skimmer's air intake (euro-reef type skimmers)

I'll second the quarantining (I've seen too many SPS parasites not to), and I'll also second the RO/DI top-off/float switch. If you don't have a float switch on your fill containers (if you don't top off in the tank) set a timer to remind you to turn off the water :rolleyes:.

How many floors is that now???:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

believing everything you read from the "experts" without verifying the information for yourself

trying something and expecting overnight results

using chemicals to solve a biological problem

searching out solutions for a problem without knowing the cause

I could go on and on

Welcome to REEF Frontiers. I had to say that!

thanks to all who have replied to my problem appreciate it loads Ed Hahn being across the water in the uk where i live not to many people have gone to marine they all have tropical fish set ups i may try vital dna if still not working thanks reef guy
I still think the Germans are way ahead of us here (ducking) in technoligy when it comes to Reef Keeping, the use of electricity, the resources available, products. But I think we may be catching up. ;)
I think everyone learns from everyone. The more eyes readily available the more you learn. Pleasure to see you. Please do not be discourage to ask oppinions. The average person makes 5 mistakes a day. I must make twenty times that, but I learn a little each time or I should.
Welcome to Reef Frontiers! People are from all over the world in here.
;) Thanks,
Sincerely,
Ed:)

Using additive's the LFS tell's you HAVE to be added to make corals grow. (other than salt):lol:

Back