Most quiet return pump?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

saltwaterfishes

12 Step Zoa Program
Well....my external pump for my 45g frag tank just cracked. Luckily, I caught it in time and not much water on the floor.
Can someone suggest a quiet one?

Eheims are very quiet.
I use a Eheim 1262 externally.

I've heard nothing but great things about Eheim. I really want to try one. I used a quiet one pump before and it was really quite. Only problem I had was a heat issue, but it may have just been that series. :)

I use the quiet one pump too and it is quiet. The pump is quieter then my swc skimmer. You have to run it internally or it’s not so quiet, but you can run ether way.

Can someone suggest a quiet one?

I have a Blue Line Velocity T2. They are advertised as the quietest external pumps made. I believe it, I cannot hear it AT ALL when it is running, I literally have to look for water flow to tell if its working. I have had Quiet One pumps, and they just dont even come close.
Never had an Ehiem but I have heard they are good, but I cant imagine anything being as quiet as my Velocity T2
Ichthys
http://www.bluelineaquatics.com/products/water_pump/velocity.html

I have a quiet one 7000 if you need it just come get it lol

it is currently in use but I am taking that tank down anyways this is my qt and not going to need it for a while. today tomorrow when ever. you want it

Quiet One 3000 is the quietest pump I have ever ran for a return. I do have a Eheim on my calcium reactor and it to is very quiet but small so I cannot comment on the larger ones.
The Red Dragon is nice if you have the budget for it. I was pleasantly surprised at how smooth that pump is.
Congrats on the E pump. I am sure you will be pleased. I know many that use them for large water movment.

red dragons are nice same as laguna just a different shell and somethings changed in the body. I have a diy red dragon on my skimmer dead silent but you pay for them both lagunas or red dragons. both great pumps being the same lol

I know you already bought the Eheim but I figured I'd share my experience with the Reef Octopus Water Blaster, its pretty quiet but still vibrates quite a bit. With the cabinet doors you can't hear it. The Bubble Blaster on the skimmer is absolutely dead silent and the two style pumps use the same motor block just different impellers and volutes. Its the Bubble Blaster 5000 on the skimmer and the Water Blaster 10000 on the return pump. I also have an Askoll 1500 (Laguna motor block) on my skimmer at home and I can't hear it.

I've never heard a bad thing about Eheims and have been told the red dragons are fantastic (very quiet and efficient) but spendy.

Back