MOTM December 2005

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Camera Flash

Sorry about that eel look Gabby These guys are very forth comming at Night but when the lights are on they kind of get reclusive:p
I had to coax him out with a little nutrafin

spongebob lover said:
hey dood about your avatar... is that a fire shrimp getting eaten by an eel?:shock:

Last edited:
lol no dood it's ok, i was just wondering why that eel didn't swallow the shrimp in one bite :D .
I love your fishes dood and i think it's awesome that they go from yellow to blue :)

Yeah Jeff...We've got them everywhere. Is this how he looked as a juvenile (in the link below) because we caught this little fellow for my cousins nano cube and they turn blue also...Possibly the same fish we call blue tangs. Check out the second pic in post#17 in the bucket and post #25 from one of my old threads.
http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10439&page=2

Last edited:
Yep thats the Guy!

Thanks for Sharing Krish, How hard are they to catch do you use a net or trap them? Because this guy is a speed Demon in my tank!

krish75 said:
Yeah Jeff...We've got them everywhere. Is this how he looked as a juvenile (in the link below) because we caught this little fellow for my cousins nana and they turn blue also...Possibly the same fish we call blue tangs. Check out the second pic in post#17 in the bucket and post #25 from one of my old threads.
http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10439&page=2

LOL...Yes, I use a net. The best success I have with catching fish is in water I can pretty much stand in. Tangs, like you said, are extremely fast so having to dive down and hold your breath to catch them, just won't work. Nevertheless, you can find pretty much anything you'd want in your tank in shallow waters here so it's not realy a problem. My most successful method is to find a loose rock or a small rock that my net can cover and try to chase the fish into it. If it is a loose piece, you just scoop the whole thing up and throw back the rock. On the othrhand, if it is a solid piece, I just cover it with a net and poke around it a bit until they come running out into the net. Works for me!(LOL) You'd never catch anything in open water so you have to go in places that has a lot of rubble and crevices. It's fun fun fun!!!!

Great Job, Jeff! I enjoyed reading your member of the month profile. I'm a member of the KISS club too and I've had pretty good success with this highly scientific method of reefkeeping LOL.
Keep up the good work!!

KISS club too

Thanks ReelHeel KISS= lots of water changes and lots of Halide;) Hey I see your a Fragaholic your gonna have to post some Frag shots ok:D

Reelheel said:
Great Job, Jeff! I enjoyed reading your member of the month profile. I'm a member of the KISS club too and I've had pretty good success with this highly scientific method of reefkeeping LOL.
Keep up the good work!!

No problem Jeff. I'm actually wrapping up my huge new frag system this week. I should have plenty of pics to take by this weekend.
I can't wait to finally get it done. It seems as if I don't even pay any attention to the 180 anymore, I've been so busy trying to get the new frag tank finished.
I don't remember if I started a thread here or not, but I'll be sure to post some pics of the newest system either way.
Now, back on topic...
You've got a couple of great systems there yourself :)

Back