Moved from idaho to Renton

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Welcome to the Puget Sound. You've moved right to the heart of the SW LFS land. Barrier Reef, OBD and Sierra Pets are all either in, or very close to Renton.

Welcome to the area. Great to have you. You didnt by chance happen to hear about and make it to the big frag swap last saturday did you?

Start a thread in the Members showcase forum and tell us more about your tank. What kind of equipment you are using and livestock you are keeping. We will all love to see pictures when you can post them too.

again welcome to the area and to Reef Frontiers.

Thanks for the intro. I did move all my coral and Fish over. I will definently be working getting pictures of my tank up im exicted to actually see a city that had saltwater hobbiests. as for the the fish meet I did not hear about it is this a yearly event?

Welcome to the area. Renton is in a great area for LFS. As mentioned before, there are some good ones there or real close.

Thanks for the intro. I did move all my coral and Fish over. I will definently be working getting pictures of my tank up im exicted to actually see a city that had saltwater hobbiests. as for the the fish meet I did not hear about it is this a yearly event?

The frag swap is a yearly event, yes.
Welcome. We're a bit spoiled around here not only with some great stores, but with some really great and helpful reefers.

Did everything make the trip OK? I've moved tanks 'just' across a room and thought it was a nightmare. My nerves on a 320 mile trip might have thrown me over the edge. LOL

agreed 320 miles with livestock. Thats nerve wracking.
Hope everything mad it okay. Thats a lot of work too. Hope you had help.
There are a LOT of hobbyists in this area. Most all of whom are more than happy to help. So check out the forums, ask questions. Even if its been asked before. We dont mind. Find an old thread that is interesting to you and you have a question still, go ahead and post it in that thread.

Oh and I know no one ever reads it, but please take a couple minutes if you haven't already and read the user agreement. http://www.reeffrontiers.com/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_user_agreement

Hope you enjoy this site and getting to know our members. We are a fun group.

320 miles with livestock is a cakewalk. I did 960 miles eight years ago with no losses. It was a 22 hour day but all worked out. I hope your experience was a successful one too.

Welcome to being an apple and not a potato.
Lol.jk

WELCOME really though. Great community here.
-D

I only lost a clown fish all the inverts and corals lived. I used big Totes and those insulated coolers from live aquaria and used those hot pads to keep the water warm. IT was more challenging breaking down the tank and setting up than anything else. I also brought water to set up the tank again. I noticed the water over hear isnt as harsh as it was in idaho. I like that there are actual saltwater stores. I ordered many thing online and frags from friends. I will have to take new pictures my camera was set to a higher size then the forum will take.

I do like potatos haha. Now I'll be eating apples :)

dont try using the forum to host your pics. Use a media hosting site like photobucket.com. then just copy the image code and paste it in the quick reply box and the pic will show up in the post.

Haha. I finally get the potato to apple reference. Its been a pretty long day for me so I'm a little slow. Welcome to the area and also to RF. Sorry to hear about your clown fish. I hope that you'll post your tank in the members tank section of the forum. I always enjoy following the progress of tanks.

Back