Moving Back to Seattle!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ushered_in

How's it going folks? I'm going to be moving back up to Lynnwood in the next week, but I'm new to the hobby since I've been gone from the area, so I don't know where all the good LFS's are at. Since i'm going through a move, I'm gonna need a good source of RODI as soon as I get there, and your direction would be appreciated!

Is this the forum to be at for the seattle area? Or are there other ones?

I look forward to getting involved in your community!

This is the forum to be at for the seattle area. you should come to the PSAS raffle/ BBq on the 18th. closest to lynnwood. bellevue has saltwatercity.

there's not a lot of stores up in Lynwood that carry saltwater fish or supplies. look at our sponsors they have the best livestock/supplies in the area. Here is a map of Seattle that might help you find your way around.

www.lostinseattle.com

if you PM me i might be able to help with the water

also, is there a source up there for southdown play sand? If not, what have you guys been using for your sand bed (I've got garf grunge that I'm going to save, but underneath that I'm going to need new sand!)

play sand is scarce up here. I don't recall seeing the southdown in the hardware stores. If you ask around sometimes people are removing their DSBs and are either selling or giving their sand away. I know I gave 200 lbs away when I removed mine.

Welcome to the Seattle area...get involved in the local club (PSAS).

i dont think any of the fish stores that carry saltwater in the lynwood/everett area have r.o. water.
here's a list of reputable saltwater stores in the area that also carry r.o.
saltwater city, bellevue
blue sierra, issaquah
below sea level, seattle
denny's pet world in kirkland has a small saltwater setup,
but no r.o.

Back