Mrs Wages Pickling Lime

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

scubajames

Does anyone know were I can get Mrs Wages Pickling Lime? I've been looking for some and hven't been able to find any. How much should I put into my Nielson Reactor at one time? Thanks for the help & advice.

JP

You can get it at most large grocery stores. However, many grocery stores don't carry it in winter because it's not canning season.

I get it at the local grocery store. They actually stock it year round.

Does anyone know how much I should be adding to my reactor at a time. Thanks again for all the wonderful help.

Vin
Vinegar also will help control PH swings.......
Yes and I also read recently that if enough is used it can have effects similar to vodka on the tank.

Thanks for the Walmart idea Sid but my Walmart didn't have any. Does anyone have anymore local ideas so i don't have to wait for it to be shipped in.

Call around and find yourself a Mexican grocery store. They typically carry "Cal" for making tortilla and is the exact same thing as picking lime.

if you don't want to wait for shipping, you may have to pay an outrageous price for the Kent brand at your LFS

I'm kinda surprised LFS don't stock this stuff. Guess they want to make the premium commission on the Kent or SeaChem stuff :(.

Thanks for the help everyone, I just ordered some online. Now you guys lost me talking about the vinegar, whats is it's purpose, and it's advantage or disadvantage?

Vinegar lowers the pH. So I guess by adding vinegar, you can add more kalk without spiking the pH up too high.

Back