My 100 Gallon Baby!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

No, they didn't. I have a new pair of snowflakes.
Sweet, where did you get em from? I been wanting snowflakes for a while... I didn't get a chance to come over today, and check out your setup, due to sick kiddos but it looks awesome.

Sweet, where did you get em from? I been wanting snowflakes for a while... I didn't get a chance to come over today, and check out your setup, due to sick kiddos but it looks awesome.
Sorry, about the sick kiddos. Hope they feel better soon. I know how that goes, got two of my own. Snowflakes came from Barrier Reef during their midnight madness sale, week or two ago. It was nice to get them at 30% off!

Sorry, you couldn't make it. I hope the kiddos feel better soon. I know how that one goes. Got two of my own. You're more than welcome to visit and check out the setup whenever you'd like. Snowflakes came from Barrier Reef during their Midnight Madness sale a couple weeks ago. Sweet to get them at 30% off!

Actual pics instead of links....

Dendro:

d2f8d298.jpg

duncan:

c7df5b30.jpg

Rics along with bubble coral, and the dendro:

f4b2f722.jpg

Pretty yellow and blue green Yumas:

aa6a649b.jpg

Finally got my screen top built. Whew! Now I can rest a little easier without worrying that I'll find my beautiful Wrasse carpet surfing. Bought a $12 screen window kit from home depot, and purchased the polypropylene mesh online for about $7. Put it together after work. Simple. The mesh is clear so it lets all the light in just fine, and being polyprop, tank safe. It's low profile, so doesn't look too bad on the rimless tank. I keep it on when we're out of the house and during the night when we're sleeping.

d1d37155.jpg

5be86f45.jpg

62da2425.jpg

looks great!

I just ordered my 100g rimless from cadlights today (same dimensions as yours)! What size bulkheads are you using for your drain and return?

Looks good. Are you getting any 'bowing' on your Radions? I used aluminum to connect mine and notice a slight upward tilt on the ends of the lights.

Looks good. Are you getting any 'bowing' on your Radions? I used aluminum to connect mine and notice a slight upward tilt on the ends of the lights.
I tried two different thickness aluminum connectors initially when attaching the radions, but no matter how close I brought them together (shortening the connection distance) I still had some uplifting towards the edges when I would simulate them being hung. I ended up going with a thicker galvanized steel piece used for attaching outdoor decking from Home Depot. Super cheap and looked good when I painted it black, and I have no bowing or lifting. Lights are perfectly level when I sit a level on them now.

Robert, Any signs of your ich still hanging around???
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the stress of the big tank move and build caused led to ich exressing itself. The fish have all been feeding well, no rubbing, scratching, etc, and the faint white spots seem to have receded. We'll see what happens with a little more time, but for now I'm holding tight.

Thank you Rob (jrgilles)! Picked up this RBTA this evening from him. Apparently it had just split and was wreaking a little tank havoc. My wife and sister-in-law went to pick it up, and he was incredibly generous and gifted us several beautiful sps frags as well. I love Reef Frontiers. Everyone so far I've met through the site have been incredibly friendly, generous, and helpful.

Hopefully it won't wander too far, and stay on its "designated" island....we'll see. it joins my GBTA.

0d71383e.jpg

463db25a.jpg

3734e639.jpg

Sorry that I have vanished from the boards over the last several months. Life sometimes just has a funny way of getting in the way. Thought I would provide a brief update on how things have gone since my initial build posts last March. All in all, I've been extremely happy with how the tank has gone. Chemistries/water remains very stable. Fish are doing well, as well as most corals. I'm just starting to now move into adding more and more sps to the display tank. They seem to like the radians, and the updated firmware for these lights makes them so easy to set and forget. I also added a Neptune apex controller and a webcam to the system which I got for Christmas, and they too have added to the stability and lowered my worry factor quite a bit. Here are a few recent pics of the set up.

IMG_4690.jpg

IMG_4738.jpg

IMG_4694.jpg

IMG_4735.jpg

IMG_4737.jpg

IMG_4710.jpg

IMG_4734.jpg

IMG_4712.jpg

Back