My 125g Experience

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hey David - has the rbta moved around much. It'd be nice if you could get him to stay right smack dab in the middle there, but it looks like it's fighting some current. Also, are you planning on doing SPS in this tank? If yes, you are as gutsy as me :D :D :D

Yeah its moved a little bit on the underside of a rock, but it hasnt moved since yesterday. We'll see. I dont have plans on going SPS right now, but theres nothing saying I wont :D :D

krish & gabby: thanks for the compliments, lots of hard work and time, though its never good enough hehe

candy: thanks again for the RBTA, its been a great addition!!

Well guys, I've been doing lots of thinking, and I may be tearing down the 125. I haven't made up my mind 100%, but I'm leaning more towards doing it. I just don't have the time right now to keep up with it, and spring/summer is coming up and I am usually taking a lot of time off for fishing and camping, etc.

If I do tear it down, I won't be getting out of the hobby, but will take a few months to setup a new tank, more than likely a bit smaller. Just not liking the way this one is setup as it was my first big setup. I am also wanting to go with the sps approach, and would like to go with a closed loop and have it setup for a lot more flow.

Thinking about going with a cube or something similar if I do decide to do so. Anyways, I'll keep everybody updated and if I decide to sell, look for everything in the for sale forum.

:)

Well guys, I've been doing lots of thinking, and I may be tearing down the 125. I haven't made up my mind 100%, but I'm leaning more towards doing it. I just don't have the time right now to keep up with it, and spring/summer is coming up and I am usually taking a lot of time off for fishing and camping, etc.

If I do tear it down, I won't be getting out of the hobby, but will take a few months to setup a new tank, more than likely a bit smaller. Just not liking the way this one is setup as it was my first big setup. I am also wanting to go with the sps approach, and would like to go with a closed loop and have it setup for a lot more flow.

Thinking about going with a cube or something similar if I do decide to do so. Anyways, I'll keep everybody updated and if I decide to sell, look for everything in the for sale forum.

I'm in the same boat man...Good luck with your decision and make sure you do what makes you happy not what you think will make others happy:)

Thanks krish. I've got so much going on right now, and I just don't feel right about the way the tank is going. Not much time for water changes, fish need a bigger tank(another reason), and I'm just not 100% satisfied with how it all turned out.

Also if my buddy hears me say "sorry can't go fishing, gotta work on the tank) again, he'll shoot me, lol. I think if I were to plan the next tank out and have everything setup so that it is a little easier to be maintained, I would be fine. When I setup the 125, it was all rushed, because I bought it from a guy and had to get everything together quick.

I'm really torn though, cause I've grown attached to the fish in there, and I think they have to me too. My 2 big guys will let me pet them, they'll rub up against my hand and arm when I stick in in there. It will be like losing a pet, but they do need a bigger home where they aren't cooped up as they are now.

Wow - well, i agree, do what makes ya happy. I really like your tank though. But, I really like cubes too and i've always wanted to try a closed loop. Unfortunately I've also wanted to always do glass which can make the whole closed loop thing a little challenging.

your tank now is really nice - just make sure you'll have no regrets if you do tear it down.

your tank now is really nice - just make sure you'll have no regrets if you do tear it down.

To quote Bubble Boy: Don't live in regret ese :D

I'm going to have to do some thinking. Figure out what I want to do, and go from there. It will be a hard decision.

Back