My 220g Reef Build.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

WhidbeyReefer

I'm in the planning stages of my 220g 72x24x30 reef build. Everything is open to suggestions. Any advice is welcomed.

Aquarium - I found on Craigslist going to have the overflows redone and replace the front glass with starfire. Anyone know of a good place to go around Whidbey Island lemme know.

Lighting is Going to be LED - AL SOL x 6

Skimmer - Deltec SC 2060 "any one know of something better lemme know"

Calcium Reactor- Have to do some more research for this one

Reactors - 2x Phosban 550's "carbon and phosban"

Circulation pumps - 4 x MP 40's, 2 x tunze wave makers Alternating for tide simulation. Wanting to have around 6k total circulation.

Return Pump- external pump around 2k gph

Sump/Refugium - Currently have 35g sump and 25g fug. Don't feel like that's enough.

Top off- Standard ATO unit

Im still planning all this out, going to do this right and not cut any corners. Been in the hobby now for about 3 years and trying to make this an awesome build. Open to any suggestions. I will post pictures.

Welcome to RF.
Looking forward to seeing your build come together.
The only thing I see in your break-down of equip. is that is a lot of flow for the return pump, That means a high flow sump. Unless you will be running your reactors of the R-pump.
IMO it would also be better to have the sump/fuge/return all in the same container. You could pick up a 50-75 on CL for about a $ per gallon. Makes the plumbing easier, and less chance of a leak. JMO.

Welcome to RF!! :welcome:. Be sure to post pictures as you start to build this beast! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So sump on one end and the fug on the other with them meeting in the middle. So I can have about lower flow threw the fug? I have seen them like this.

Welcome to RF. Looking forward to following along on your build. Thats going to be a great size tank.
Yeah, the bigger you can go on the sump the better. 35 doesnt seem like its big enough, does it. I have a 50B for a sump on my 180. I didnt think it was going to be big enough either, but its working great.
I thought about running a fug seperate from the sump. I dont know why it wouldnt work.

Back