My 25 gallon cube w/ led light

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

moovinfast

Thought I would share my nano tank. Its a 25 gallon 20" cube made from 1/2" acrylic. Have had great growth from the LED lighting I built. Its going to be sad to see it go as I think Im selling it soon to fund a larger tank.

4151087152_c6cf558f78_o.jpg

cubeFTS2.jpg

Can see the build thread HERE

sweet vie been wanting to get some LED's so i will have to look into them more.

A little bit of everything. I wanted to see what would grow well under leds. Right now I have a mille, 2 Cali torts, a green and a pink birdsnests, a orange cap, a purple and green chalice, rainbow acan, orange yumas and about 20 different zoos such as purple death, nuke greens, RPEs, green back packers, etc and Will have 2 purple hornets in there in a week or two. They are in a fellow members tank right now.

Are the sps coral keeping their colors under the led lighting? Sounds like you are going to have quite a collection.

Everything has been growing and coloring up except for the orange cap. I just moved it to my other tank. But I think its because I have a fish that liked to lay in it.

Bottom of the first post I have a link to the build thread. It has 13 Royal blue 3w crees and 26 cool white 3w Crees.

Bottom of the first post I have a link to the build thread. It has 13 Royal blue 3w crees and 26 cool white 3w Crees.

wow that is a metric ****-ton of LEDs for that tank. What level are you running them at? Did you get your hands on a PAR meter?

Did you go with the warmer K temp mainly to test the growth?

Right now I have them pretty close to full. I went with only 1/3 white because I wanted to go for growth and the color still looks good. My local aquarium club has a par meter, but I havent been able to test it yet. Im on the list to borrow it.

Going to be up for sale as soon as Ive been a member for 30 days. So sometime next week. The light will be less than the LED group buy for just the parts not including the heatsinks.

Back