My 29 gallon Oceanic BioCube

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I'm sorry about your jawfish. I love my fish dearly and know that they have feelings, and you can prove it through their personalities.

Flatteringchild-Thank you very much. I really like the mini carpet anemone as well. It is pretty aggressive. The clowns show no interest in it at all. I wish they would host the other anemone though. That is why I got it in the first place. :(

Ben-Thank you. I knew I could count on my friends here. I know my fish have personality! I love them very much. I am glad you feel the same way about yours. I figured a lot of people here would understand my feelings. My poor jawfish. I miss him a lot. :cry:

I will try to get a fts today. I moved a dying mille into the tank to try and save it. I think it has to do with the brand of salt I switched to. I ended up switching to Red Sea salt. Not the coral pro (I know stupid me). It was on sale so I thought I would try it. I am happy I still have some RC left. Water change later today on both tanks. :( I will be returning that crappy salt!

i too can attest the attachment to my fish. I had a Lemon Peel angel named Taster, guess what killed him? I miss him and the the two Hammer head corals he took with him. I two have a Bio cube 29 gallon. It is covered in aptashia, I bought those nimbus from Brandy to get it under control. I am wondering how you modified your hood to fit another light? please post info? thanks Kevin

Hi Kevin. I ended up taking the hood off and putting a sunpod on the tank. It doesn't look as nicely organized, but I can grow a lot more corals. If I had a ton of money, I would have loved to of tried the Panorama modules under the hood. Quite a few people have done that. They are pretty expensive though. =/

So if you did not DIY it yourself? I take it someone else did it for you? is there a website where someone could by the panorama strips? I think one of my fans maybe going out. it seams to be staying warm that usual.
Gina any chance we can see what the set up looks like? we all know the inside looks great.

The panaorma strips you can just screw then into the fixture like this

2010-12-06132619_Seattle_Washington_US.jpg

this is when I only had 3. I was saying if i knew how to diy leds into the hood,it would have saved me $$$$

Hi Skywardview. Sorry I have not posted any other pictures. I am having a very difficult time right now. The tank is actually a mess, but I did take a couple of pictures for you. I cannot take good pictures.

100_2601.jpg

100_2619.jpg

100_2624-1.jpg

100_2630-1.jpg

zoasfavia.jpg

favoritezoas.jpg

clowngoby-1.jpg

First of all you took very nice pictures. I wish my tank looked as nice as yours. Mine has be over run with Aiptasia or glass anemones. i got the little berghia from Brandy, they have been in the tank for a week. Not sure they are still alive and it does not look like anything is missing! i am waiting. Your tank looks awsome. I hope mine looks like! i have a ways to go.

I also had aiptasia problems,got me a peppermint shirmp,it went to town on them.I recommend you get one and try. Your tank is awesome also lol. Im hoping to have as much lps as you some day..

I saw this post and it made me think of my sister. She just graduated from university of Oregon with a marine biology major (which is what I plan to do) but she went to the OIMB (Oregon institute of marine biology) and it was just awesome.

Back