my 3 gal pico tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

keener1830

lawnmower
Ok so I have had this one up and running a month now, I baffled the tank about 3/4 of the way back for my sump, so there is about 2 gal of water in the display. using a little betta bowl heater and a old return pump from one of my skimmers that I got rid of. I started with a screw in style 50/50 P/C but broke down and bought a LED strip the other day the corals love it. Currently zoos and softies with one clown gobie. Tell me what ya think

Hey David,

Looks pretty cool, I'm glad to have helped you get a kick start with a variety of Softies and will let you know when I have some Purple Gorgonian frags ready.

Todd

How well did the screw in 50/50 work? That's what I plan on putting on my 5 gallon. Did you have the 20 watt?

I had the 20 watt and it worked descent had zoos mainly under it and they liked it. Since I got some nicer zoos and the other corals I decided to go led and it dropped my tank 4 degress.

Once I have my 76 half round up and running I will take what starts to over grow and keep it in there before it is all said and done I want it to be a totally zoo tank.

Hey David, you got an update on tank ? Just checking to see how my babies filled out in your Pico, or have you migrated everything to a larger system already ? Have the corals done well under LED's

Todd

Todd all the stuff you gave me has taken off big time need to frag the big tree soon it is at the top of the tank, the chaliace are looking good starting to see purple on the edges of the one. The only thing I am having trouble keeping are the acros I put in the tank kinda sad but once I get the 76 up hopefully they will make a recovery.

What model and where did you get your leds? I plan on a led build for my pico soon, and I'm interested in what you did.

there a ecoxotic 8011 kicker strip I got the one with blue and day light and would love to add a second strip to the one with just day light. There cool cause you can like I think up to 3 strips off the one power source

Back