My 3 month old 10 gallon

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Faciosity

reefer
I origionally started this tank for my girlfriend to bring to her work. She works at a day care, and was going to put it in her classroom for the kids to look at. However, she hasn't gotten a word back from the licenser about rules with pets, so it is still here. It looks so cool now, I don't think we would want to put it somewhere else anyway. Just running it with a K1 and a good hang on the back filter. 2x 10 watt 50/50 coralife screw-in bulbs + a 48 blue LED strip give it light.

Attachments

• DSCN2851.jpg
    DSCN2851.jpg
    41.9 KB
Nanos are very cool! It's amazing what I've packed into that little space so far, and I'm not done! I have in my 10 gallon:
12 varieties of zoanthids/palys
pom pom xenia
GSP
4 head frogspawn
2 head hammer
1 large torch
2 curly cue anemones
2 large cabbage leather corals with 5 babies
a few green striped/spotted shrooms
1 good size hairy shroom
1 kenya tree
candy cane colony with about 30 heads
1 yellow tailed damsel
1 huge turbo snail
and a large coral banded shrimp.

Will try to clean it up and get more pictures soon. It gets dirty looking fast, because it is not really well established yet. I didn't cycle it very long before reefing it out, but I seeded my project with water, sand, rock, livestock and some small inverts (stomotells snails, rocks covered in feather dusters and mini brittle stars) straight out of my main display. Actually before I converted it to a nano reef a few months back, it was my QT/misfit tank. Had a few things in my main display that were not working out, so I set this up, and after I got rid of the misfits, I started adding coral.

I've used 2 of them before on my old 20 long, and I filled the backs with rubble and left the lids off so they were basically mini fuges.

Back