my 33L

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tbar

Been up about 6 weeks now.
IM001486.JPG

I have the Marineland 36" LED's the bracket extends out to 48". It's only about 5" deep do I might put another one on there. A Tunze 9002 nano skimmer, two k-1's for circulation. Have a Coral Beauty, Two False Perc's and a Blue Damsel. A Sally Lght Foot, Pepp. Shrimp and about 10 Hermits. If I get another fixture I plan to have a row of Ric's in the sand near the front glass. Might get a yellow clown goby. I do a 5 gal W/C (17%) weekly. Thanks for the comments.

How do you like the lighting coloring so far? Are you planning on just rics? That would very cool to see and very colorful!

Vegita- I like the coloring with the light a lot. The light drops off on the ends of the tank, 36" light on a 48" tank. When I get the other one I will be able to offset them so both ends will have more light. I am expecting it to be very bright with double Double Brights.:)
I read where a lot of people where not saying these are lights for a reef tank but I figured since the tank is only 12" high it would work well.
I am planning on a couple more LPS and probably some GSP and maybe a Toadstool.

Iroll- I have a lot more of that rock, I took down a 125. Unfortunately shipping across country would not be very cost effective.

Last edited:
Yeah, I Like it too, was going to make a bunch of bridges so the Coral Beauty would have rock to get under. I made the middle rock elevated so he can get under that.

tbar, nice tank! I have a 33L for display too! Still cycling....waiting patiently...for the pods and worms to catch up with the nuisance algal successions.

I had a CB and a occy in my last tank, 29 gallons. They got along very well and both very hardy.

I have developed a vivid green algae on the top of the rocks, not Hair algae. Is the because it is a new tank? Had diatoms on the sand for a while that recently cleared up. Hope this is just the normal new tank break in.

sounds like the green phase that happens after the diatoms. man u make me want to turn my 33L into a reef. My electric blue Jack Dempsy just passed and I need to do something different with his tank...

Back