My 55g Reef

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Looking good. Since your tank is new, I hope you're seeding it with pods for your mandarin to eat, because that is all it will eat.

You can Try Frozen as well My Mandarin eats Artic Pods and Mysis as well as Brine. Will not always eat frozen but i got lucky.

ok good info guys.. he is new today so I havent done that yet-- but I will get some

any recommendation on where/what to buy?

How long have u had that tank up? A mandarin might have not been the wisest choice for a newish tank? any/most saltwater shop will carry frozen prepared foods such as mysis shrimp or brine.

How long have u had that tank up? A mandarin might have not been the wisest choice for a newish tank? any/most saltwater shop will carry frozen prepared foods such as mysis shrimp or brine.

its been up for over a month now... I did seed it with live sand from a tank (NOT the bagged kind)- and my rock has been fully cured for a while and I am seeing come coraline growth

I dont have a problem feeding the Goby-- Just wanna make sure im buying him the right thing

Unfortunately, none of the above will sustain him over the long term. These guys really need live pods to thrive. This is a perfect example of why it pays to have a really good LFS that will educate newer tank owners, as well as doing your own research on the species before making a purchase. I've never met a LFS that wouldn't place an item on hold for 24-48 hours so you can do a little homework. Really hope this guy makes it for you.

Last edited:
Kevin at Aquatic Dreams usually has Tigger pods in stock, you might also check Barbie at Aquarium Solutions, but both stores are closed until wednesday I believe.

Good looking tank!

ok good info guys.. he is new today so I havent done that yet-- but I will get some

any recommendation on where/what to buy?

Back