My 72 Gallon Bowfront Reef Tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mcdonaldjosh7

Coral!!!!
Hey guys! I just started this tank about 3-4 weeks ago (meaning it has been running for 3-4 weeks).

And having been 4-5 months since I put my first payment on the tank itself (which is paid off now) I am excited to have it running.

Currently in the tank are 2 damsels, a snowflake eel, and 2 False Perucla Clowns.

No reef lights yet so no corals. Getting reef lights tomorrow or the day after. Right now it is a FOWLR tank. Liverock is also curing at the moment.

ALSO! quick thanks to everyone who helped out witht the tank by selling me stuff and giving me information. I have found RF to be a great place for all those things.

and also a quick shout out to fattyboy for keeping me into fish and giving me a sh*t load of info. also for introducing me to this website. and you should click here

Here are some pictures

Clownfish
IMGA0197.jpg

IMGA0209.jpg

IMGA0200.jpg

IMGA0202.jpg

Snowflake eel

IMGA0206.jpg

IMGA0208.jpg

IMGA0207.jpg

IMGA0204.jpg

FIY

There is a good chance you SF Eel will catch and eat your clowns, personnel experiences. Also make sure you have a tight fitting cover, your eel will get out thru a opening the size of a pencil.

Added Brittle Star/Live Rock/Couple of Corals

Hey guys! Got a great price on some great live rock. Even had some mushrooms and zoanthids on it!

So here are some pictures:

Fish

IMGA0279.jpg

IMGA0282.jpg

IMGA0280.jpg

Live Rock

IMGA0296.jpg

IMGA0297.jpg

rest of pictures in other post

Corals

IMGA0298.jpg

IMGA0300.jpg

IMGA0291.jpg

IMGA0292.jpg

IMGA0294.jpg

Feather Duster
IMGA0290.jpg

Brittle Star

IMGA0288.jpg

IMGA0287.jpg

IMGA0277.jpg

IMGA0276.jpg

Alright thanks for looking! I actually just took a bunch of more recent pictures. Everything is open much more now :) But those can wait for later.

Oh since the zoanthids came for free with the rock, I would like to ask anyone who recongizes anything to identify it for me :)

Thanks again!

funny story

FIY

Also make sure you have a tight fitting cover, your eel will get out thru a opening the size of a pencil.

when i first got him he got out the first night. my dad had to pick it up and expected it to be stiff as a board. it started flailing and bit him :p now this is after i got a tight fitting cover for the tank.

the only way he could have gotten out was by going through the overflow box and out the top

Are you sure that brittle star isn't actually a green serpent star? Looks a bit too big (and green?) to be a brittle, but then again I've never seen one that size in any of my tanks so I'm not too familiar with them... Serpent stars WILL eat your fish eventually, especially when they're that size...

I was thinking the exact same thing.

all the brittle stars in my tank have white and red stripe legs and the legs are rarely over 1"-2"

Between the eel and the suspected serpent star, those clownfish are living a VERY nervous life :badgrin:. I've seen some snowflake eels are well behaved (when stuffed full of food as often as possible anyways), but that starfish would worry me.

Between the eel and the suspected serpent star, those clownfish are living a VERY nervous life :badgrin:. I've seen some snowflake eels are well behaved (when stuffed full of food as often as possible anyways), but that starfish would worry me.

well it is a brittle star...at least i am pretty sure. he is well fed...and how does it look green? it is actually a dark purple.

Back