My 75gallon

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mjslaugh

Well, I have been working on this project for a little while and I finally started playing with the camera to try to get a good shot of it, so here it is, and sorry my photo skills are not the greatest, next time I will get my wife to take them.

DSC_0005.jpg

nice tank looks great

Thanks, I am trying to talk my wife into taking some good pics of my new frags, I picked up some really nice one's, the highlights are a chips acro, hawkins, and pink birdsnest, my wife is the professional photographer, so I am still suprised she let me touch her camera to take the couple I did get. I will keep you posted if I get some good pics from her.

Okay so I managed to get some New Pics, I hope you like.

Chips Acro
DSC_0003.jpg

Some kinda zoos, definetly pretty
DSC_0004.jpg

Pink Birdsnest
DSC_0009.jpg

Left Side Tank shot, Notice the Hawkins back behind the Hammer Coral
DSC_0027.jpg

The Family Shot, they must have thought the camera was food
DSC_0040.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice tank. I had a Fox face in my 75 for about 2 years and then he got to be 7 inches and developed a taste for my crocea clam. I hated to do trade him back to my LFS but I had no choice. I wish you luck with yours because they are a fun fish.

Can we get a closeup of your bubble tip anemone? Thats a really deep red.

It looks like you're using the ReefGeek 4 bulb T5 retrofit kit, are you overdriving them or not?

It looks like you're using the ReefGeek 4 bulb T5 retrofit kit, are you overdriving them or not?

I will see if I can get a good shot in the next couple days, and as for the lights, it is a 4x54w T-5 retrofit kit that is overclocked, the brand slips my mind at the moment though, I'll post it when I find out again.

My light setup is an IceCap one, and here is the closeup of the RBTA that you requested.

DSC_0045.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality, again I am not the photographer of the family.

The family went to visit Mitch, Julie and Cavin, recently, and I took a bunch of pics. Figured I'd start with an incredible growth shot.... Pay attention to the ORA Hawkins

Mitch, you posted this, 7-26-09. I took pics, June 24, '10. So, this is 11 months of growth. Amazing!!

Left Side Tank shot, Notice the Hawkins back behind the Hammer Coral
DSC_0027.jpg

4746697146_3abd04e778_b.jpg

The Pink Birdsnest

4746051593_69b4228c45_b.jpg

Here's a few more pictures I took.

4746661226_03fc3c786a_b.jpg

Here, I'm focusing on the above pictured coral, when the Mandarin decides to intrude, but as you can tell, the focus didn't change...lol. Made an interesting picture.

4746023479_5a1d434be9_b.jpg

and here, I changed focus, quickly.

4746025649_1cb1f063bd_b.jpg

4746032709_c64341996d_b.jpg

FTS July 26, 09

FTS 11 months later. As I said, incredible growth. Mitch and Julie, you're definitely doing something right. Keep it up!! It was great spending time with you guys!!

4746703814_c938e59637_b.jpg

Your tank looks very nice. I'm not the only one who has algae on their sand! -_-

Yeah I seem to get a tiny bloom myself every few weeks, just like that the tiniest bit of tint to the sand.

Really nice tank progression. I was wondering about the sand color in the first few shots. I am new to reef keeping and my sand color has the brown tint. Will this eventually go away or do I need to add to my cleaner crew?

Back