My 90gallon Build!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

The most reliable way is to attached the 2 sumps via bulkheads and pipe...but I thought you didn't want to do that.
I do wish the tanks were drilled but tight on funds rite at the moment so Im trying to figure another affective way without using an overflow box (which I may have to do if all these other ways won't work)!! Hahahaa I truly
think I can figure this out by making something to connect two sumps and try to stay in bugdet!!! Hopefully!!!

You know that one long tank is plenty big enought for a sump and refugium.
Maybe run just the one sump until you have the funds to drill them and use bulkheads to connect them.

You know that one long tank is plenty big enought for a sump and refugium.
Maybe run just the one sump until you have the funds to drill them and use bulkheads to connect them.

this says it all! do it right the first time and don't nickle-and-dime yourself cheesing stuff together. just use the one sump for now.

Not sure where Spanaway is, I'm in Snohomish I have glass drills for 3/4 and 1.5" bulkheads. I can help you drill the tanks, two 3/4 connections should provide plenty of flow. I don't like to drill anything less that 3/8 glass with the big hole saw. If this helps give me a holler.

Not sure where Spanaway is, I'm in Snohomish I have glass drills for 3/4 and 1.5" bulkheads. I can help you drill the tanks, two 3/4 connections should provide plenty of flow. I don't like to drill anything less that 3/8 glass with the big hole saw. If this helps give me a holler.
Thank you lots for the offer on the drill but I just decided to use the 55g as sump/Refuge and the 25g under tank I'm going to use as my new querintine tank! (Still building and will post pics later) but here are some pics of my 90GD "added more rock to the system (all rock was cured)!!!
311A3935-4CE3-4FCF-9233-D6B0A93F6FEB-375-000000AD2AC6BD19.jpg

different angles!!
D37A88A2-5496-43EF-A195-43D5D1CA96C9-2167-000001D5D1B48EA9.jpg

3F0B0069-83B0-457D-8DB3-ACD2F93C85FD-2167-000001D5D50BBCD7.jpg

DA549288-8DC8-480A-A352-AAFA59FDF852-2167-000001D5CE8231BF.jpg

And when I was taking some pics yesterday I found a small colony of Pulsating Xenia's hope it's not too small for you to see them!! But I lucked out because all these rocks were curing in my garage for a couple of months with no light or anything just a small skimmer,pump,heater and water changes!!!
i call them the survivor pack!!! Hahahaa
C42F5A72-A9A2-4D9A-BBDA-A346102A54A4-2167-000001D5C3BE4DFB.jpg

B49E5E1B-FA7A-49E9-A284-33FEB7840527-2167-000001D3F69C0BD4.jpg

I really like your rock work.
Just fyi, that green ball in the pic with the xenia, thats green bubble algae. You want to take that rock out of the water, pick that algae off with out breaking it. They contain thousands of spores that if are released in the tank, they will start growing everywhere.

I really like your rock work.
Just fyi, that green ball in the pic with the xenia, thats green bubble algae. You want to take that rock out of the water, pick that algae off with out breaking it. They contain thousands of spores that if are released in the tank, they will start growing everywhere.
Thanks, IPISCES it took forever to get those rocks to stay steady and secure them. But yes I noticed that Species of alga but my tank is so dead of life rite now that I figured that it "Looks Safe but I will remove today rite when I get off of work! Thanks a lot!

Is some of that rock in your display, lace rock? Does it work good? I've always wondered if it would work out.

Is some of that rock in your display, lace rock? Does it work good? I've always wondered if it would work out.
Yes I have I believe two to three in my display only because I liked the shape of it and it would be perfect for me to put plugs when I start building my reef!! But as for "working good"?? If you ment by "looks"??? It works for me but as for turning them into Live rock these types of rocks aren't as porous!!! IMO if you have a good size Sump to hold the 1-2pounds per gallon of FIJI,Indo etc. rocks then I don't see why you couldn't have all Lace Rock for your system!!! Hope that helps "not saying you HAVE TO"!!
that type of rocks doesn't buff your ph as well as Very porous rocks!!

hmmm, pulsing xenia in the display tank, I have some that is isolated on a longstick of tonga branch.....or at least it WAS isolated lol. that stuff is a weed!

hmmm, pulsing xenia in the display tank, I have some that is isolated on a longstick of tonga branch.....or at least it WAS isolated lol. that stuff is a weed!
No TYPE coral is a weed IMO yes they do grow a lot faster than others but these Xenias is showing me that the Chemistry in my system soooo far is doing good!!! I like them because it Gives our reefs Natural Physical movement!!! And Kptrowski what is up with you and all these Smart Statements???? I'm just showing my systems growth/build and you always have something to say??? Hahahahaaaa at least ur following!! And as for those WEEDS I dig them! Hater!!! Hahahahaaaa!!!

sorry if you were personal offended, I didn't mean to do that. but yes, they are smart statements that you may want to research. my invitions still stands and I have freebies for you. macros including flame algea...and all the pulsing xenia you want ( have 3 types). xenia do best in high light, moderate flow and some nitrates.....which doesn't mean "perfect" chemistry. my xenia grow 20 times as fast in my "dirty" sofite tanks and compared to my "clean" sps tank.

everything I have ever said here is only trying to help because I think you could use a little ( if you want to listen). like I said, I really really apprectiate your enthusiasm. its reall great to see someone as excited and happy with this hobby as you and we ALL want to help you succeed!

sorry if you were personal offended, I didn't mean to do that. but yes, they are smart statements that you may want to research. my invitions still stands and I have freebies for you. macros including flame algea...and all the pulsing xenia you want ( have 3 types). xenia do best in high light, moderate flow and some nitrates.....which doesn't mean "perfect" chemistry. my xenia grow 20 times as fast in my "dirty" sofite tanks and compared to my "clean" sps tank.

everything I have ever said here is only trying to help because I think you could use a little ( if you want to listen). like I said, I really really apprectiate your enthusiasm. its reall great to see someone as excited and happy with this hobby as you and we ALL want to help you succeed!
I like that "I may want to research your smart statements" hahahahaaaa funny as Heck!!! I gotta meet you in person and I would like the offer!!! Thanks for the comments and honestly I like your types of comments because they are REAL but some other people may take it offensive and think that this site is not helpful!!! Thanks KPTroWSki how about this weekend!!! I gotta meet you!!! Hahahahaaaa keep those comments coming and thanks for following!!! LOL

And don't worry you never once offended me just trying ta get I kno everyone here And it looks like I'm starting with you!! Hahahaaaa sorry for thread change!!!

its all cool. I just applied a "signature" to my profile. which should show at the bottom of evey post I make now. lets see if works.....and what do you think of it?

its all cool. I just applied a "signature" to my profile. which should show at the bottom of evey post I make now. lets see if works.....and what do you think of it?
Hahahahaaaa nice I had to read it twice!!! But it is a true statement!!

So here it is almost done (first run and now I just have to tweek some stuff!!! I know it's kinda ghetto but does the job for now!!! Check it out!!
CAE1B3F3-495A-42BC-9FC8-A78DF2C8EF41-1103-00000158B4907988.jpg

8267406A-44C6-4A91-AF64-CC49B0A3DAEB-1103-00000158AF6BCC25.jpg

E9273461-7F82-4D60-9926-C1BBC59C3EEF-1103-00000158A97A1DA8.jpg

C0BF7CB3-01D4-4752-896A-078FD7B03FD3-1103-00000158ACBFD853.jpg

hope you guys like it!!! Let me know your opinions!!

Back