My Aquarium! :) *Lots Of Pics* 10/11/2009

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Digitata M is really common, most stores should carry it - try goggeling it to see what its like. Don't let the pictures of the ugly brown ones discourage you - I've got a brilliant green and vibrant red that are amazing. I'll bet someone near you would even give you a piece. Its super easy to grow.

If you were looking for some monti's or other coral to start out with, I could hook you up with something. Right outside of Orting, so not too far from you. LMK and send me a PM

Thanks, and good luck :)

-augustus

It all depends on the fish and the person. Like I said, my Tangs swam up and down the tank unless they saw me and then they would stay in the corner until I fed them. I've seen tangs in a 4ft tank look completly happy, but those tanks were also 2 and 3 feet deep. Again, it all depends on the person and what they wanna keep, nobody has control over that.

I'm sorry but that is a load of nonsense. We, as fish keepers, have no right to keep fish unless we can keep them in an adequate and healthy environment. It's not about personal choice. It's about a moral obligation to another life form.

You are absolutely right"small alien". Although wehave the ability to inflict our decisions on our aquarium inhabitants we do have a moral obligation to provide them with the best environment possible.
Thank you for speaking up.

Speaking about Tangs. I had a PBT and a chevron in my packed 40b and they were as healthy as can be yeah they would've liked more room to swim. Now do I reccomend this? Absolutly not! But I am not going to tell you that you shouldn't be doing that. We all have our opinions just like we all have an a$$ LOL and this is just my opionin I don't think people should be keeping any fish in .5-10g tanks no matter the size of the fish it can be a .5'' neon goby or a peppermint shrimp and that would be wrong. So again my opinion if it isn't your tank and you are not caring for it stop worrying about what others are doing and do your part that you are so dearly concerned about! I see alot of things I think that should and shouldn't be done especially by those that seem to voice thier concerns for specific animals.

Last edited:
Update: almost 2 years later.. Haven't really maintained it very well .. getting back into the hobby just cleaned it all out! Check it out!

IF anyone in the area has some corals that i could get off them for cheap or that theyd trade for some of my limited supply that'd be awesome, thankss!!
My lights a little overkill.. its a 400w on a 50g lol

2011-10-01133019.jpg

2011-10-01132958.jpg

2011-10-01132946.jpg

2011-10-01132943.jpg

2011-10-01132903.jpg

2011-10-01132844.jpg

2011-10-01132803.jpg

2011-10-01131756.jpg

2011-10-01131715.jpg

2011-10-01131709.jpg

What equipment do you use? I'd recommend using some chemi-pure elite if you already dont.

Kind of obvious at this point, but that is alot of light, almost way too much for the soft corals you have now. Use the light, get some SPS and see how they do. Have you been keeping up with your water changes? How old is your halide bulb? IF anything, throw some macro in there to help eat up those excess nutrients, at least it will grow and look pretty, and you can easily prune it out when it gets to be too much in the tank.

Back