My Austaralian clownfish

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

matts125

Here is a picture of my new Black ocellaris clownfish that I bought from Tom.
she is already beging to make friends with my 1'' baby ocellaris.

This fish was a great addition!!!

Matt

It most likely was tank bred in Europe where 90% of the others are coming from. :) there is 1 guy in Darwin australia (where the black O. clowns are only found - collection is also illegal there) who breeds them from time to time.

nice clown though. no orage at all on it?

Permits can be aquired for the collection of the species in austrailia iirc... I know a vendor who had just received about 6 earlier this year.

-Josh-:cool:

There is not a spec of orange on it and it is much blacker then most I have seen. Maybe Tom (Bigt) can chime in here, if he see's this thread and let us know if it is from australia or not..

Matt

Great fish Matt

Great addition Matt I bought a pair of these guys from Kevin in April of 04 and they have always been very peaceful and perfect tank mates I hope you have the same luck congrats on you new addtion...Jeff
:D

Here is a picture of my new Black ocellaris clownfish that I bought from Tom.
she is already beging to make friends with my 1'' baby ocellaris.

This fish was a great addition!!!

Matt

There is not a spec of orange on it and it is much blacker then most I have seen. Maybe Tom (Bigt) can chime in here, if he see's this thread and let us know if it is from australia or not..

Matt

Does he have a accent? :) He really is a nice fish, my wife wanted him.

Don

Thanks Don and Jeff.
Don I would say gday mate to the fish and see how he replies but I dont know how to speak fish....:lol:

Matt

Matt

There are no Wild Caught black Ocellaris coming from Australia entering the U.S. Australia has some strict regulations, especially in the Darwins.

The ones in the US are either from ORA in Florida, or TMC from England. Both sell Captive Bred specimens.

Nice fish Matt :)

Best,
Ilham

i can get tank raised ones direct from australia. so there are black Ocellaris coming from there. Definitely not wild caught though.

this is not true,, they have bin comeing in , throw quality mairne...

There are no Wild Caught black Ocellaris coming from Australia entering the U.S. Australia has some strict regulations, especially in the Darwins.

The ones in the US are either from ORA in Florida, or TMC from England. Both sell Captive Bred specimens.

Nice fish Matt :)

Best,
Ilham

no wholesaler in the industry is getting WILD CAUGHT black clowns.. they dont enter the trade anymore. They are only found in darwin and they are illegal to collect. All black clowns in the trade are captive bred.

Back