my bulbs are all white

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I've only used the se bulbs and I have used the Radium and the XM side by side on IceCap ballasts and in my case the Radium was a darker bluer color

I'm also driving them with IC ballast Marty. It could just be each indivduals eyes. This is how I see it with my eyes ;)

I'm also driving them with IC ballast Marty. It could just be each indivduals eyes. This is how I see it with my eyes ;)

It could also have to do with the age and model of the IceCap ballasts and the age of each bulb. The XM bulb I used was not as old as the Radium bulb I used. So many different variables.

not sure if the 150 250 rule is true here.. as i run 150's

but ive found the Xm's to be whiter then the hamilton's

also IDk if current makes 250's (they must) but there 14k is nice and blue...

edit... Ive skimmed thur the thread...

you should try a fan... i think your bulbs are hot....

I run reeflux 10K on the main tank with actinics on each end of the light cycle and am very happy with growth and color. I am looking for a very blue solution for the frag tank which is a 30 gallon. I do not want to run actinics in additon to the MH's. I do not want growth just color. I am starting to think I should just go T5 but 4 short T5's cost more than a single MH. Hopefully somebody has a used up radium or xm 20K 250W I could borrow to see if there is any difference.

I have a XM 20k and a Radium bulb you could borrow.
But if you are dead set against using VHO actinic, I don't think you will find the amount of blue it sounds like you are looking for.
Maybe T5 is the way

Back