my copperbanded butterfly??

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Shane and John

father and son
I just bought a new copperbanded butterfly from my lfs and he was all cool untill like yesterday night.....he dissapeared. I dont know wat happened to him.....would anybody have any chance of knowing wat might have happened to him??

Check to see if you can find him among the rocks? I had a few cases where I bought a fish from LFS, it was fine the 1st day or so but the fish got stressed out so he died while he was hiding in the rock. If the fish is big I don't think the cleaner crew can finish it in a day

I don't know do they like to jump or not....check out the floor..

Was your fish eating ever since he was brought home from LFS the 1st day?

yes he was eating right but i looked behind the tank and nuthin was there so he couldnt have jumped but we have a huge carpet anename and we think he could have eatin him and he has been closed up....we opened him up with a spoon and we couldnt see anything

LOL....Well..John didnt explain it very well...so i will..We did get a copperbanded Butterfly...We had him in the tank for 3 days ,he was eating very well and seemed to be very healthy...then he dissapeared..we checked to see if he jumped ,but nothing...then we noticed our Carpet was pretty closed up...And wondered..Could a carpet eat a fish that big...he has eaten other fish...But not the size of this one...Any Input??

the size was about three and a halve inches...and yes mmkeeper..we do have a very large carpet...he was closed up and we opened him but we couldnt tell if anything was in there

LOL....Well..John didnt explain it very well...so i will..We did get a copperbanded Butterfly...We had him in the tank for 3 days ,he was eating very well and seemed to be very healthy...then he dissapeared..we checked to see if he jumped ,but nothing...then we noticed our Carpet was pretty closed up...And wondered..Could a carpet eat a fish that big...he has eaten other fish...But not the size of this one...Any Input??

I am afraid your CCB went the way of the carpet. Carpets can and will eat everyfish in your tank including clowns once in a great while. Its only a matter of when will your fish get ate. That carpet should pop the skeleton of that CCB back out when hes done with it. Thats what mine did.

Sorry for your loss.

well thx jimx369, i really appreciate your help and will consider looking for the skeleton....thx

Well, all I can say is enjoy your carpet. They are AMAZING animals. I believe there will come a day when we wont have carpets in our tanks anymore. It just doesnt seem right some days it costs more to feed it than your family.

Try to keep it fed. Mine likes clam the best. Lunar lights will help as well especially with the CCB as they like to pick at everything even through the night.

Back