My Darts

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

edwing206

Unregistered Member
Today I finally received my first 2 dart frogs from a local guy.
I took some pics of their tank and of one of them(the other was hiding).
DSC_0399.jpg

DSC_0401.jpg

IMG_0811.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

Enjoy- Luis

Cool! But I thought the post was going to be about a sweet set of lawn darts you might have procured. :lol:

I don't keep them, but I know Darren through a mutual friend. I actually have not seen Darren in a few years. Nice guy. It's great to hear how successful he's been in turning his hobby into a full time gig. Wish we could all do that.

That's cool. I know what you mean, it also takes a lot of stress off wild populations when you buy from breeders like Darren. Which is a very good thing, seeing as how a lot of amphibians are in decline.

at the beggining i thought to myself.....dood somebody screwed him and just gave him plants :lol: :lol: .
those are some cute froggies :D i hope they're not poisonous (you know killing type ...i don't remember how to spell that word :lol: ) , now what do they eat?
we got my son a geko....just the normal boring kind, sometimes it moves :p , i don't feed it because i hate bugs but my kid and hubby love feeding it crickets ...yyuucck :p .

No one rips me off, except for that guy that gave me a dollar less when I sold him that one fish. :lol:
They aren't poisonous in captivity because they eat fruit flies. The toxicity comes from small ants they eat in the wild. I hate crickets too, they SMELL. :lol:
I put the tank together myself, it was pretty fun, hope to do another one really soon.

I'm going to add 3 females to the tank. You're not supposed to mix species at all, even if they are the same species but different color. A big part of the dart frog hobby is to promote buying CB frogs to relieve pressure from declining populations in the wild and to keep purebred animals. There are some frogs that looks so similar that you have to take a person's word when buying them as to what species they are.
Hopefully this summer I'll setup another tank for a different species.

Well once I get moved into my new place I plan on setting up a viv with some D. leucomelas in it. Oh and BTW that is a good looking pair of darts that you got there.

Thanks! :D
Where are you getting the frogs? Local breeder?
Is this your first frog tank?
Dendroboard.com has a LOT of good info/helpful people.

I will need to find a local breeder to get them from. But I will first have to set up a new viv for them. So Im looking its going to be a couple of months until I can get them. So that should give me time to find some.

Back