My DIY Closed loop

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Nice one Krish. I expect to see that pump properly mounted asap! I would also recommend getting some braided vinyl tubing at the very least. That clear stuff is a disaster waiting to happen.

Thanks Tom! I wish I could find some of the ribbed tubing. I had to put a hose clamp on the thing to tie me over until. I can only find 5/8 here now. There's one place I haven't checked yet so hopefully they will have it when I go there tomorrow. I use the ribbed stuff on my skimmer. This place sucks if you ask me. That's why I keep Premium Aquatics in business:)

i know on mine, i was haveing trouble, with the o ring leaking on my dolphin pump, that i had a shut off and a union, on each side of my pump, shut off the valves the i could take out the pump, with out loseing any water, i had to take it out a few times until i went and got a little thicker o ring, no leaks so far......

That's cool...I was going to silicone the whole head of the mag just incase, but it didn't leak. If it decides to, then hopefully it's a slow one(LOL) My sump is underneath so it will fall in there:)

Just an update on the CL...It's still running perfectly. No leaks, temperature hasn't changed any in the tank and the rocks are looking good. I didn't have a chance to get the right ribbed tubing today or mount the pump how I want to because work almost killed me today, but I hope to finish up this weekend:)

Back