My fingers are swollen

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

The blue glove Kris posted are probably the best for overall protection. They are one of the more common gloves used in the fishing industry for butchering king crab etc. Great gloves if you have sensitive skin.

i have used the blue and orange ones in the past. right now i have a coral spike on my left hand that hurts like a muther. i can feel the piece in there. just waiting for it to come back to the surface so I can get it out but man its sensative. looks like a bite.

Thanks for the glove recommendation! I know I have sensitive skin, but man these big blisters I get are a pain. I only get them when I've been messing with the tank, and even the thick gloves I had didn't help.

Infection for sure... some can tolerate it, some get worse symptoms than others. Doctor visit is a yes and explain what happened. Gloves from now on of course.

I use the blue thick non latex gloves. The name I cannot remember, Nitrex I think? I buy them from Harbor Freight and they are about 11.00 a box but woth the price.

On another note, my sister went to Hawaii many years ago and stepped on some coral rock and got a nasty cut on her foot. It became infected and we took her to the doctor and they had to dig in and see what was going on. Looks like the bacteria and coral was trying to grow inside her. So after a brutal scraping session and antibiotics, she was good to go in a few days.

Dont mess around with yout health, it just isnt worth it!!!

TNS

I really fear infection from my tank time to time.. Its not natural for humans to be around the coral reefs......

there has bin a few times i thought i might have bin punctured and was quickly to disinfect

I have farely ruff hands that being a help some times.. my downfall is i bite my fingers so i often have open patchs... plus the beating of work....

i use gloves when moveing rocks..

Back