My First Nano Build is Ready for Livestock

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Peppie

I showcased this build on the tank design site. Now that it is finished and ready to stock I thought I would share it with all the NANO FREAKS out there.
My first fish will be either a TwoSpotted Goby or a Clown Goby. Anybody keeping either of the two? If so how are they to keep?
The tank is 20gal AIO with about 16gal display. It has a 1 1/2gal ATO holding tank hooked up to a toggle.
130wat CF retro with a 12 bulb led moonlite.
Have a look.View attachment 39421

View attachment 39422

View attachment 39423

Very cool!! I've never kept either of the fish you mentioned, so can't be of much help there. However, Clown Gobys are notorious for picking at SPS. They usually don't do much damage though. Even with LPS, their tendency to "perch," can sometimes irritate the corals they chose to perch on. The Two Spot Goby may do some digging and burying, though I'm not even sure about this.

dang, I was also thinking of getting a clown goby for my sps tank, and if you say that they irritate them because of their perching..... makes me want to shy away from them.

This is a few shots of the tank with the background lights I put behind the tank with a piece of cloth glued to a plastic panel and an odd shaped reflector.

I have had two Clown Goby, one green one and the yellow one. they both eat right away and were easy to keep, but they ended up jumping out at night, each at different times it wasn't coordinated. Its always a sad day to find your little goby on the floor. I think your setup to go we would be a great addition.

The tank has a full cover so I'm not worried about jumpers.
Thanks for the input on the fish. I am leaning towards the yellow clown goby It is the smallest.

Back