My first sps.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Good job and great choice for 1st sps. Along with Montipora, Birdsnest corals (Seriatopora sp) and Pocillopora are fairly hardy and not costing a fortune makes it even a better choice to see if lighting and water params will support them.

Cheers, Todd

Looking forward to seeing progress pics. The green birdsnest is a really pretty, colorful coral and grows pretty good. Good luch with it.

Good job and great choice for 1st sps. Along with Montipora, Birdsnest corals (Seriatopora sp) and Pocillopora are fairly hardy and not costing a fortune makes it even a better choice to see if lighting and water params will support them.

Cheers, Todd​
Thanks, the frag was only 20 dollars so I would not be at a great loss.I am fairly certain that the two 250 watt halides that are over my 55 gallon will be enough light to support them.:D

Hey fishguys I was looking through your pics. Are you only using those PC lights?​

No, as a mater of fact my power compact are not even working at the current time. Coralvue had to repair my ballast because the person that I got it from had the PCs wired incorrectly( that is what you get from craigs list), anyway I was only running one of the halides in the pic of the birdsnest so that I could get it used to the new lighting and I had only had it in the tank about a two hours when I tooks the pic. Some of the other pics that I had taken were taken while light was on that I have on a timer to simulate the sunrise and sunset because it has a yellow tint to it. Also they don't look very good because the camera that I am using is not very good. I am hoping that my aunt will let me take some pics with her Nikon, it is one of the ones that cost like 400 dollars, I hope it can take some good pics. The power compacts sould be on by Tuseday of next week.

My tank is starting to do pretty good. I lost the birds nest, I was a novice and placed it in direct flow from a powerhead. It quickly died after I relized that the flow was to strong and moved it. I have two moniporas at the moment. They are both plating types, one is green/ brown and the other is a nice brownish red. The green one has been growing well lately but the growth is not great because I need new halide bulbs. I will have my LEDs in next week, so I expect some great growth when they are on the tank. I am planning to get a few acro frags to see how well they will do. Another reason my growth has been a little slow is because my temp will not stabilize because of the lights. That is why also a factor that the LEDs will help with.This is a pic that is about 2 weeks old. The frags in the middle are a result of me accidentally nocking pieces off of the green monti. The red monti has not shown much growth.
DSC01619.jpg

Back