ASM G1 Skimmer
Squid one output each end
1 ea K3 Powerhead
48" T5 HO 4 Bulblight 216 Watt
2x 12000 K 54 watt HO
2x Actinic 54 watt
4ea Blue moon LEDs
300 watt heater

I want to have some corals and some fish, I would like comments and recomendations if I have enough stuff for that.

Congrats on a great start - looks good...except for the 300watt htr...a bit of overkill - especially in Phoenix! Are you planning on incorporating a refugium?

I know about the heater. It gets cold for a while here but it just won't have to work very hard. I have been thinking about a refugium but I still dont completely understand understand them and the hook ups.

I like it. One thing to know about the SCWDs. Over time they can clog or get calcification inside the gears. What will happen is that the flow starts to reduce and then only one side will expel water. I've gone through three in five years (and my current one is hosed). My mistake was that I routed my pipes throught the back of the stand and tank so to change them out I need to move the whole tank just to get at them.

A refugium is a natural way of removing nitrates and adding oxygen to your system. It would involve adding a planted area with a light in your sump, or using a HOB type like CPR makes. I believe in having a larger refugium area.

Dude I've had a 200w heater on my 55g freshwater here in Idaho for years. I keep it at 82 year round no problem. Definitely go refugium, that's what I'm workin on for my saltwater tank right now.

Nice setup, the 300 watt heater is big but I had one on my 55g with a 29g sump and I never had to worry about it. Sure if it gets stuck it leaves less room for error but meh.

I think the MagDrive 9.5 will be sized right, I had a MD1200 and it was a little too much.

Back