My First Tank.. 55 gallon

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

gotcha.. thanks.. Well I added 2 peppermint shrimp and two fish in one week so im unsure if the brown algae on the bottom is because of that or not

how big are the fish? what kind?

The brown algae may be because of increased phosphates from the extra food you are feeding (assuming you are) and/or from increased nitrates that are being generated from you bio-filter.

I'm not sure if this will go away after things stabilize, or if you will have to increase you water changes to compensate for an increased bio-load.

I just saw your other thread. There may be more issues going on here. Your tank is new and not all that stable yet. Also, if your shrimps are dead, then they may be rotting and creating more of a problem. Get them out if you can find them. Rot is bad. ;)

I just saw your other thread. There may be more issues going on here. Your tank is new and not all that stable yet. Also, if your shrimps are dead, then they may be rotting and creating more of a problem. Get them out if you can find them. Rot is bad. ;)

I've been trying to find them but its proven to be quit the task.. :cool:

I may have found out what was wrong and why the algae is growing .. My ammonia was at a 0.25 ppm, but I realized my skimmer stopped working. So I put a WTB thread in the For Sale forum..

Back