my fish bar

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Oh no, I agree with your method! It just struck me as odd when I read about the wattage on another forum, so i tested with the old kill-a-watt and what do you know... it was true. I just wanted to share that odd tidbit :)
I do the siphon thing currently, I Like your idea way more. Do you have a flex to a bucket or drain? Hard plumbed?
I got kill-a-watt at newegg.com, but I have seen them at costco since then.
You are welcome to mine for as long as you need it, I've not used it for quite a while now.

Oh no, I agree with your method! It just struck me as odd when I read about the wattage on another forum, so i tested with the old kill-a-watt and what do you know... it was true. I just wanted to share that odd tidbit :)
I do the siphon thing currently, I Like your idea way more. Do you have a flex to a bucket or drain? Hard plumbed?
I got kill-a-watt at newegg.com, but I have seen them at costco since then.
You are welcome to mine for as long as you need it, I've not used it for quite a while now.

so the drain line Tee's off of the return tubing. The return is 3/4 inch PCV pipe (Sched 40)

From the Tee it goes: Tee-Ball Valve-3/4" Hose Barb

I then have maybe 4 feet or so of 3/4" pvc hose attached to this, the kind with the diamond pattern, flexable from lowes.

I keep this hose tucked on the side of my sump, as it tends to have a natural coil. I pull it out when I want to do a water change, open the ball valve, and can fill a 5 gallon bucket in 20 seconds or so. When I'm done, I just shut the ball valve back off and the system returns to normal (due to head pressure, the water goes all to the drain when I open it. I do have a valve to block off the return to the tank, but found its not needed, and I really hardly ever use it.)

Very nice. I'm in, it will take almost no effort to change mine to match.

Any luck with the noise Holdendaniel?

have not tried that way tried many of differnt ways including putting it under water <and with a elbow above and below water..still gargles. refuge side where i have the water pressure turned to operating pressure(it is silient)
i have a eheim 1260 pump with about 6' of head.
just picked up sand from barrier

So it looks like that is 635gph with no head. I didn't see a chart for head loss.
How big is your return pipe?

-Todd

I'm certainly no expert, but I'm happy to stop by and lend a hand to see if we can sort it out.

-Todd

ordered rock from marco rocks, made acrylic base plates for base rock to rest in acrylic round rod.... headed to psas meeting on saturday (newbie just joined this week) lol hope to see you all there

progress

I have just drilled the base plates so far and cut to shape still need my base rock so i can cut rod to length. i did a grid pattern on the hole layout in plate so i can put pegs in any spot needed.

sorry will have pics tommorow (hopefully my ro unit comes tommorow as well, then i can plumb it all. have it ready for when rock comes and BAM it will be ready for water)

supplies needed-
-Power heads
-Skimmer
-Fuge light
-LED lights (gotta save for that one)

Back