My Hawaii Trip

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MarineTeng

Reef Padawan
I Recently returned from a 8 day trip to Hawaii,
All the pictures are taken with a Casio EZ75 7.2 Megapixel Camera and the ones underwater are using DiCAPac WP-400 as deep as 40ft when i went on an introductory scuba dive (I am unlicensed)
I'll try and post a few pics a day
Not all the Pictures were taken by me, some are from some of my friends using my camera since i was the only one with an underwater case, as always they're edited and stuff too, which i've learned is inevitable
GreenSeaTurtle1.jpg

Coral1.jpg

ConvictTangs1.jpg

Sunset1.jpg

ya, it's an amazing place, i was in maui by lahina which is the west side by th shore, unfortunately after one day when i went snorkeling for 4 hours south swells started coming and stirred up the water making the water cloudier. So i didn't get as many good shots after that day, we saw a group of 8-10 turtles too it was amazing, too bad the turtles are like bigger than any of my tanks :)

too bad the turtles are like bigger than any of my tanks :)

and are a protected animal.. :). That's the same place I was at. when I went snorkeling one came up and ran into another guy in our group. It was pretty fun cause he's like "I'd didn't touch it, It touched me"...

I stayed one just a bit north of lahina called papakea

Ya the turtles are protected, but they're friendly as long as you're alone and dont' make quick movements and such, one time one that was about 5 feet at least just swam around me, it was one of the most amazing sites, unfortunately at that particular moment i had let my friend borrow my camera

I thought so. The Papakea Resort on Kaanapali beach near Honokowai, Maui is my favorite Hawaiian condo, bar none! The little reef up front is cool, and the view of the two other islands is great. In the winter, can watch whales from the lanai. The diving in the Honolu'a Bay preserve is fanatastic by any measure,absolutely amazing. I wish I could afford to by a condo at Papakea, but they have gone through the roof in the last 5 years, tripled!

Last edited:
ya, it was an amazing place, that's where i snorkeled the most honolu'a bay almost got to swim with dolphins there, they were jumping like 200-300 meters away but we were getting tired so we swam in then they came into the bay

yep, those are kole tangs cleaning the turtles, all sweet fish too bad butterflyfish aren't reef safe, swimming in the reefs with them made me want some of my own

Back