My home built 2gal Nano reef! 8x8x8!:)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Rycko_427

emerald crab
So the other day I was lookin around through the forums and saw Cwazy Clown's 0.5gal zoa tank. I thought it was one of the coolest things I had ever seen!! so I decided to build my own. I wanted something small but not quite 0.5 gal, so I decided to go with an 8"x8"x8" 2gal. So far I've put the tank together, glued and sealed it and now I'm waiting for it to dry. Should have sand, LR and water in there by tomorrow:) I'm very excited about it! Here are some pics of it so far, I'll keep updating as soon as things happen.

Attachments

• IMGP5357.jpg
    IMGP5357.jpg
    41.7 KB
  • IMGP5364.jpg
    IMGP5364.jpg
    45.7 KB
  • IMGP5370.jpg
    IMGP5370.jpg
    58.1 KB
  • IMGP5374.jpg
    IMGP5374.jpg
    39.7 KB
SICKKKKK,

I cant wait to see your progress! what're your plans for flow/lighting?

When I was first reading your thread, I thought you were going to go smaller than .5g :p

awesome!!!
love the black back and bottom.
1 koralia nano in there would be perfect..

I have a 10x10 from BRA that im setting up and i saw these lights:
Ecopico desktop aquarium
and thought that little $22 led fixture was crying out for a small heat sink and like 4 or so 3w cree led's.
i was going to get the stock unit that has just blue LEDs and then keep and use those for dawn/dusk,
then put 1 cree on each "corner".

That is really cool!! Another mini tank here. You and Bolun are running stiff competition here :p. Good luck with the build!! :)

Thanks! :) So far for flow, I have a koralia nano. For lighting, I'm debating between buying some LED's and making my own fixture or going with the Ecopico desktop aquarium fixture that Skimmy was talking about and possibly adding some LED's onto that..I havnt decided yet though. I'm still trying to figure out what I should do about filtration. Any suggestions?? Today I added the live rock, koralia nano and filled it with water, so I'll post pictures of that a little later tonight. I tried getting some sand today too, but I couldnt find anything smaller than a 15lb bag, which is waayyy more than I need..haha

UPDATE: So here's a pic of the tank with the live rock and the koralia nano in there, hopefully I can get some sand in there by tomorrow

Attachments

• IMGP5382.jpg
    IMGP5382.jpg
    31.8 KB
Thats sick man. Hey if you're trying to build your own LED array, check out the general discussion forum, theres a group of buys trying to do a group buy/build for stevesleds. You should definitely get in on that.

this is lookin awesome! did you end up finding a small bag of black sand somewhere or did you end up just getting a big bag?

Tank looks great. I love it when anybody start from scratch.
Have you considered a small HOB skimmer for your filtration?

hhmmm i see automotive applications for this in the future can you say goodbye in dash dvd and hello in dash pico lol :D awsome tank build

Back