My house is kind of getting bigger.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Just think your great grand kids wont believe u..This house is worth 10x to me what the junk is built with today..trust me I sell house packages all day long..junk!

LOL well the boards for the built in entertainment center were looking pretty dry and all the joints in them will either be hidden or radiused so if there is shrinkage caused by drying you won't see it. So I started building it tonite.

My wife came up and took some pic's for me, in the main room there is a bunch of orbs in the pic's. She says they are ghosts but I have 2 big fans and a heater blowing up there to dry this wood. So all my dust is staying pretty suspended and that is what you see.....OR IS IT..........

Here I am building the cubby's in the base of the entertainment center. It will be doorless so I don't know what kind of crud she plans on putting in there, I just build it.

IMG_3835.jpg

The library, I havn't done much in there yet. Just the base for the book shelf and the electrical trim.

IMG_3836.jpg

Her sewing room, you can see in the second pic that I have installed the Pergo in there. What a pain in the back and knees.

IMG_3837.jpg

IMG_3838.jpg

My stack of lumber that I plained up yesterday.

IMG_3839.jpg

I stopped at a used building matierials store today after work and I found this door for $70 it looks brand new. We priced new one's at $180 today, not gonna pay that much so I am keeping my eye open for another similar door.

IMG_3840.jpg

The other bookshelf space, once again not much going on here yet.

IMG_3841.jpg

Me screwing boards on, I had a miscalculation so back to the sawmill for me this weekend, I didn't cut enough for this.

IMG_3842.jpg

My room where the desk will sit.

IMG_3844.jpg

And looking out the door of the office.

IMG_3845.jpg

The super cool moose light fixture I talked my wife into letting me get for the library. She hated them at the store but now she loves them. Weomen....

IMG_3846.jpg

IMG_3847.jpg

looking out of the library into the main room.

IMG_3848.jpg

And this is the storage room, as finished as it is gonna get for now.

IMG_3855.jpg

WOW I wish you were my neighbor of the house I have to build.

My wife can't find a house she likes so I told her to go find some land that she likes and we will just build, oh the headaches.

It is looking great!

thats some nice stuff you got there :) and i like that you can go pic the wood and then make what ever size plank you need thats pretty nice :p

Well I have been busting my back on this, the wife wants it done by the first of April. I may just make it. So far I have all the floors down and the electrical 100% done. I have started sanding, staining and installing the wood trim. I hate sanding.:mad:

Here is a quick picture of what the trim looks like.

IMG_3856.jpg

Well it has been coming along nicely, I am all but done so I moved some stuff into my office.

Here is the desk and the 12 gallon nano sitting in thier new home. LOL I think this is the cleanest the desk has been ever. I have a bunch of stuff that go's on it but just havn't had time to bring it up yet.

IMG_3983.jpg

My built in entertainment center with just the base done so far.

IMG_3985.jpg

And this is one of the bookshelves just not stained yet. The top of the entertainment center will be the same.

IMG_3987.jpg

Last edited:
Back