My last post

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is turning into exactly what many of us are complaining about although this thread is in the Water Fountain so it's expected somewhat.

lol spongebob! but yeah, im also a noob like jan and some other people, but i feel (correct me if im wrong) that even though there are some annoying and inconsiderate people on this site I still think that there are a good chunk of people that know what they are talking about and help alot. I jsut joined this site about 2 months ago, about the same time I started my tank and I have learned so much from everyone, even the annoying people ( I learned that you shouldnt frag a peice of coral into a million little peices the size of a grain of sand and sell it) I learned that one from cwazy clown. But yeah thats all I wanted to say....
oh and Brett i dont think you should leave, there are only a few helpful people left on this site (def. not me lol) but you need to stay here and teach the noobs your wisdom and help us all out!!!

This thread is turning into exactly what many of us are complaining about although this thread is in the Water Fountain so it's expected somewhat.

Not sure what you mean exactly here Matt because everyone is (and has been) discussing the topic at hand from the very first post...

I never knew what that button was for :) but even if I had I don't think I would ever have had to use it.
It is hard for those who have been participating in forums for a long time to realize just how hard and new everything is when one first starts.

one of the reasons i come to this forum is because it seams more personal and light hearted. i think everyone gets off topic some times and cracks a joke, i don't mind it and i think a chuckle is good for you. i just did a quick search of some peoples posts and easily found OT posts and joke cracking(rabbits, plasma TVs, beer) so im a little perplexed as to why some think its ok for themselves to do it but not others? so please be careful what you wish for, i dont want a stiff board.

I haven't been into the hobby that long. (I can count the months on 1 hand) I'll never be affraid to offer my opinion, or ask for others. I also like to get information, and read stories about other expieriences with certain things. But for instance....and not to throw anyone under a bus, however.....when you are new to a hobby and ask a valid question one of the replies is this:

"Hey, just one question?! WHO LIVES IS A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA?!

SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!!!!!"

That was one answer to a post about what to do about my over abundance of pineapple sponges. (which I still dont have an answer)

So be it as it may, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. In general I am able to find what I am looking for here at RF, but sometimes its just not joke time. If someone is asking a valid question what possible value could your contribution be if it is a joke?

By the way, sorry to see ya go Brett. Your tank is pretty awesome and the Anenome you have is one of the reasons I want one. :)

Last edited:
Personaly, Some like it hot and some like it cold. To each his own, and so forth. There is always a few that have different opinions of how a Messageboard should be, but that does not mean it has to be the way of minority. Its just something that has to happen if the board is going to grow. I have found this board much better and deeper then anyother I been on. But for the most part I have found most of the posters I enjoyed Have gone away or really made themselves invisible. I have written to Chuck about this a couple of times and his response was done quite well.

I am very new here and Brett sent me this link in a PM. Since Brett is a friend of mine I believe he sent it to me because we share alot of this pain.

I quit asking for help on the boards because when I do look at the responses I get. Tank Design Closed Loop is a GREAT example. I asked if a pump would work and shared some information about Powerheads that I got from the menufacture / sales reps of some of the products. It turned into a 12 to 15 page arguement on if Pumps Suck or not. http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49099

I have noticed some things where members are blocking other members postings. Not completely blocking them but bumping them to the top with nonsense just so theirs could be on top. It was clear they were doing ti for weeks. When I brought this to the attention I was told If I don't like it I could move on. Way to make a man feel welcome here!

Back in the day I might have upset some people with one of my posts. I understand it was not right to post it and I was new to the site. Lesson learned I have not made the same mistake twice.

At this point I am bored with this site and frankly do not care if I have to leave it so here goes.

I wrote more, deleted it, but who really cares, I made the comment about if someone makes member of the month I would leave the site because that is how welcome the owner and some of his staff have made me feel.

This is meant in the most respectful way possible but Brett I believe you hit the nail on the head. Quite Sad how far downhill this has gone.

Last edited:
I am very new here and Brett sent me this link in a PM. Since Brett is a friend of mine I believe he sent it to me because we share alot of this pain.

I quit asking for help on the boards because when I do look at the responses I get. Tank Design Closed Loop is a GREAT example. I asked if a pump would work and shared some information about Powerheads that I got from the menufacture / sales reps of some of the products. It turned into a 12 to 15 page arguement on if Pumps Suck or not. http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49099

I have noticed some things where members are blocking other members postings. Not completely blocking them but bumping them to the top with nonsense just so theirs could be on top. It was clear they were doing ti for weeks. When I brought this to the attention I was told If I don't like it I could move on. Way to make a man feel welcome here!

Back in the day I might have upset some people with one of my posts. I understand it was not right to post it and I was new to the site. Lesson learned I have not made the same mistake twice.

At this point I am bored with this site and frankly do not care if I have to leave it so here goes.

I wrote more, deleted it, but who really cares, I made the comment about if someone makes member of the month I would leave the site because that is how welcome the owner and some of his staff have made me feel.

This is meant in the most respectful way possible but Brett I believe you hit the nail on the head. Quite Sad how far downhill this has gone.

You are one like Brett that made this site change in ways that you may not like, you contributed to the argument in that pump thread as so many other threads, so if anyone is to blame look in a mirror! Also if you haven't noticed, Brett still post here & actually since this thread started he hasn't become part of the similar issues you provide us! ;)

That is my Opinion as we all have them, so either deal with it and be a grown up or move on, we don't need this negative, crying, whining crap because you have issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back