my little piece of the ocean

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

rng_pw

I hav'nt been a very active on this site for quite a while but i thougt that I would share my tank with you all. hope you like.
The tank has been set up just over a year now and most all of the corals have been grown from frags.
left side
IMG_5475.jpg

middle
IMG_5476.jpg

right side
IMG_5477.jpg

side view
IMG_5483-1.jpg

full tank
IMG_5482.jpg

whole thing
fishsept28022.jpg

Thanks for looking

right now I believe that there is around 150-170 different sps corals and about 50 different zoanthid and paly colonies. Only 2 toadstools a few stray mushrooms and a hand full of lps. its hard to see in the picture but most of my rock is centered in the tank with the exception of about a hundred or so pounds against the back but I also have corals on the back side of the rocks. it should make for a really nice valley once everything groes out. Thanks for the compliments

its not much of a dedicated room. It was actually the laundry room so I still shar the room with the washer and dryer:) All I have is 2 40 gallon breeders for a sump and fuge.

thanks. It was alot of work to get the rock to stay like that. I just stacked it and hoped for the best:). So far so good. You cant really tell from the pics but there is 5 different free standing pillars in the tank. so the fish have tons of room to swim.

Thanks Roscoe. I talked to you a while back. If i remember correctly you had a really nice tank with a ton of corals. We should do some trading:)

Thanks Roscoe. I talked to you a while back. If i remember correctly you had a really nice tank with a ton of corals. We should do some trading:)

Yeah I think so. It's been a while. I'm not fragging ATM but definatly will be interested some time down the road.

Thats really nice :d you have a really clean look. Hopefully mine turns out even half that nice

Thats really nice :d you have a really clean look. Hopefully mine turns out even half that nice

well if you have any questions during your build feel free to ask and I will see what I can do. Believe it or not but the whole construction part of the build cost less than a few hundred dollars.

I really like the angles on both ends of the tank and how the stand and mouldign all fits so well with your house. Two thumbs up on the built in look.

Do you know what that green with yellow eyes Chalice looking peice is in the first pic? I have the same piece and it sure is a fast grower compared to most echino's.

I really like the angles on both ends of the tank and how the stand and mouldign all fits so well with your house. Two thumbs up on the built in look.

Do you know what that green with yellow eyes Chalice looking peice is in the first pic? I have the same piece and it sure is a fast grower compared to most echino's.

The really big chalice in the center of the photo? That is a Hollywood stunner. It has grown from about 4 inches in diameter to around 14 in a little over a year.

Back