My multi tank system

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I don't know if I will ever finish it, it's a never ending process.
At now 4 tanks are plumbed on top of the sump. I just miss the lights on top of one of the 40 and a couple of powerheads. And maybe some paint or skinning for the stands, but I'm worried about the chemicals in the room.
After that I would just add some improvements, like a masterflex pump for automatic water change, a dosing system and a better skimmer (or a second skimmer)

Curious to know how do you like the Fishneedit 150W Mh light?

I understand the bulbs are sub par but from what I've found the fixtures are good quality and very similar looking to the Hamilton Bimini Tank Mount HQI Pendants. What are your thoughts on the fixture?

They are the best fixture for the price. But you get what you pay for...
The reflectors aren't great, but they do their job and it works for my purposes.
Yes I do cut the rics every once in a while.
Thanks

I don't know if I will ever finish it, it's a never ending process.
At now 4 tanks are plumbed on top of the sump. I just miss the lights on top of one of the 40 and a couple of powerheads. And maybe some paint or skinning for the stands, but I'm worried about the chemicals in the room.
After that I would just add some improvements, like a masterflex pump for automatic water change, a dosing system and a better skimmer (or a second skimmer)

LOL.. do I have a skimmer for you.. You'll just about never outgrow it..J/K

I have to agree about a system never being done. For me that would almost take the fun out of it.

LOL... no, the 15 gallon one I upgraded from. Its rated for a system about 4 times yours though Its a Euro reef 750A

That's a little bit overkill!
I was thinking to go for an external Octopus, the 3000 I think.
Or I could buy yours and just fill up all the basement with water lol

They are the best fixture for the price. But you get what you pay for...
The reflectors aren't great, but they do their job and it works for my purposes.
Yes I do cut the rics every once in a while.
Thanks

Thanks for the info. I figure one of their fistures over a 7 gallon minibow would look nice. At least better that the 2 PC lights I have over it at the moment or even the 70mh that I've been playing with.

A few months later:
tank.jpg

Thanks guys. I have to relocate the system soon. I hope that it will run smoothly.
I'm also planning an upgrade since the display is now full of sps

Back