My new 210 is home

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

seriously though. Good reason to run 250's over 400's. 2 6100 stream pumps use like 1/5th the power of a closed loop pump. de 250's can give off soo much light. look and sanjay's web site. The other major consumer is the skimmer. one of the reasons I like ER. Yes a beckett skimmer might be able to skim a little better but with twice the power consumption. I think I know what you are doing for a skimmer and I couldn't tell you how much it is going to cost. ask mike. As far as power consumption what is the diff between a 120 and you tank other than another light. Now finally set this thing up.

hehe thanks BRAD! I think the streams are really going to be the best way to go.. but since I havent purchased them yet that is one of the last few things I am HMMING and HAWING over on a hourly basis. The beckett skimmer is out so I wont have to worry about a water pump in that respect. I went with the lumenarc reflectors based on Sanjay's findings and the mogul sockets and 400w's based on Mike's thoughts on the setup of the tank. The tank is 28" deep with only a 1/2" lift off the bottom with the starboard it is pretty damn deep. anywhos, thanks for the pick me up Brad! The rising cost in heating oil and the cold temps have caused the power bill to shoot off th charts so I automatically assumed it was the 72bf ;) hehehe tragedy averted.

friggin equipment hanky panky

So, apparently my sump and skimmer got into some sort of sahex and this is the end result.
281683-DSC00236.JPG

none really to speak of. Starboard is cut stand is done skimmer and sump are done. Still no lights or in tank water movement to speak of. I have been working away on the top for the stand so I can at least get water in it and get my rock ordered and start the cycle.

YEAH DUDE, SORRY I AINT BEEN BY TO CHECK OUT YOUR SKIMMER AND SUMP THEY LOOK SWEET. TO BAD IT TOOK TWO OF EACH TO GET THE RIGHT ONE. SOUNDS LIKE MY LUCK WITH FISH ......BUY TWO FISH FROM OUR LFS QAND YOUR LUCKY IF ONE MAKES IT THROUGH QUARINTINE. I AM SUPER EXCITEDTO SEE THE GLASS HOUSE COMING TOGETHER. MAN THAT IS ONE SICK STAND , WHO BUILT IT? i STILL WISH I COULD SEE THE FIRST. BY THE WAY YOUR NOT INDECISVE, YOU JUST WONT SETTLE FOR ANYTHING LESS THAN THE BEST. AND WHEN IT COMES TO KEEPING FISH IN A CAPTIVE ENVIROMENT ITS PROBABLY THE BEST WAY TO DO IT. SO, STOP, COLOBORATE AND LISTEN, SET THE DARNED THING UP . I HELP YOU, JUST GIVE THE FISH ROOM TO SPREAD THERE FINS. PEACE DUDE, I DUNNO ABOUT MARCH YET BUT WILL CHECK SOON.

Back