my new 230 in wall project

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

looks like you have something nice there. one day I will follow with a simmilar setup. love the inwall. pics of the filtration and backroom please.

more pics i've put a hole bunch more into my gallery just trying to figure hoe to post them all . after im done banging my head agenst the wall with this project im going to try a greenhouse :)

Great looking project Golden!! well thought out!!
Oh I do miss the Kootenays, some absolutely great fishing (lunker city) and beautiful country. Do you think the green house would stand up in the winter??

Mike

YaY a new person to bug! What type of lightin do you use? And what do you plan on keepin in there? I have a similar size tank and am strugglin with flow, my tank isnt drilled but i will probably just copy your setup, do you think that is enough for SPS?

-jidz

Please resond so i can keep "rabblin" on!

the planing im doing for the greenhouse is being done with a friend i have that owns a nursary . im a refrigeration and hvac meck by trade so im thinking of going geothermal if not i have an extra wood stove and 3 acrs of trees behind my house :lol:

here is a little system info

lighting 2 400w 10k 2 250w 14k 6feet of t5 atinic .

pumps 2 little giant 4mdqxsc one for close loop 2nd for return . 2 tunze 6060
using a quitone 6000 for my skimer soon to be replaced with a nother little giant 4mdqxsc . also just picked up a 1hp spa pump have not figured what to use that for . i have a mag 7 to suply refuge from sump .

the stand contruction here is a pic i got the lumber milled by my nabour :D it is all true 2x6

Last edited:
finnaly had some time this canada day long weekend and was able to finish the wall off here is a pic. now to find some time to build the bta and frag setup . the plans for the greenhouse are coming along it will be a 30' by 50' with room to add anouther 50' on.planing to take a trip down to tropicorium to get a hands on feel for one up and running .if there are any outher ones out there i should consider going to see please let me know . thanx

Last edited:
here are new shots of the the tank as of july 11/05 as you can see the carpet is getting bigger thanx to a manderin , royal grama and couple cromes that he had for lunch :lol:

Last edited:
Back