my new addiction is rock anemones and mini maxi anemones. post up pictures of yours

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

reefman069

want more mini maxi
so i bought 5 rock anemones lately. i love the colors they have. i also have 6 mini maxi anemones. i will post pictures of my anemones. i would like to see pictures of other peoples nice rock anemones and mini maxi anemones

so this last one i hope i didnt loose it. so in the morning the coral gets to my house. i unpack it and float them in my sump. i have to leave to go to the hospital for surgery on my right leg that i broke in three spots the day before. so my buddy had to come over and open the bags and put my coral in my tank for me. i know. what a good friend. so the very last one. with is the one in this picture. will not attach to the rock. boooo. so he put a flat rock on top off it. when i get home the next day. i lifted the flat rock and there is no anemone under it. so i hope it stuck to a rock. im on crutches now. so i cant get to the back side of my tank to look. i hope its on the back side of my tank.

Man those are sweet.....I have three mini maxi's and 2 rock nems. No pics though. Mine are not that nice. I know Nata has a bunch of mini maxis that are really sweet. My rock nems are just green center with white skirts and really small.

yes Nata does have some super nice rock anemones and mini maxi anemones. thats who got me into them. about 6 months ago i went to barrier reef store and bought 2 rock anemones. as soon as i put them into my tank a fish started picking on them. booo. well the fish won that battle and ate both of them. so tracy let me use his fish trap to catch my thredfin butterfly fish. that fish wouldnt go near that trap. so after 2 weeks having that fish trap in there and no lucky catching that stupid. well should say smart fish. i went to petco and they had 2 mini maxi anemones. so i bought them both. same thing. as soon as i put them into the take. the butterfly started to eat the mini maxi. i took the mini maxi. put it into the fish trap. as i turned my back the butterfly fish went into the trap. wooo hooo. so now that i dont haave to worry about a fish eatting them. im hooked. the only problem is no store around here keeps mini maxi and rock anemones in stock. so i end up ordering them. i am pretty stoked about this portland trip that we are going to go do october 26th. i talked to all the owners of the stores. i told them that im looking for ultra mini maxi's and ultra crucifer rock anemones. open place said he can get some rock anemones. he said they are called acid trip. so i ordered 2 of them. so the wait goes on. oh ya. most all my rock anemones are pretty small. i would say most of them are 1 inch around. i have one that might be pushing 2 inches around. it just gives them time to grow. another thing that is hard in this hobby. patients

Stirring up an old thread here! In my previous tank my maxi always opened up and looked great but now he is mostly closed up... Not sure if its lighting because the fixture over my new tank is way stronger but I have him off to the side any advice based on what you have found? trying to post a picture but it keeps telling me it exceeding my quota....

Stirring up an old thread here! In my previous tank my maxi always opened up and looked great but now he is mostly closed up... Not sure if its lighting because the fixture over my new tank is way stronger but I have him off to the side any advice based on what you have found? trying to post a picture but it keeps telling me it exceeding my quota....

Stkef9, use an image hosting site like photobucket.com or flickr.com. Then copy and paste the

That mini is really pretty. I dont think I've seen a yellow one before.
That rock nem is pretty cool too!

I got rid of the rock nem as he wasn't liking the tank much should have kept him for the move and I reall like that mini too I'll have to keep him around if he isn't really common then. Ill try moving him around a bit to see if he opens back up

Back