My New Baby Squamosa and Maxima Clams - YEAH

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

travis_

Sea Cucumber
Well, here they are. My first clams ever. I am very excited. Any recommendations on how many inches they should be kept from my 250 W metal halide? With such a shallow tank I would put them within a few inches if I wanted to.

squamosa.jpg

maxima.jpg

in my standard 55gal... I have my clam at the bottom of the tank under my 250's 10k bulbs

Well, I am planning on having mine much closer to the light. Right now I have them within 12" of the light fixture, however I have them way over to the side so they are not getting anywhere near full intensity. I plan to creep them over and directly under the light over the next week period. I love them already.

Well, I am planning on having mine much closer to the light. Right now I have them within 12" of the light fixture, however I have them way over to the side so they are not getting anywhere near full intensity. I plan to creep them over and directly under the light over the next week period. I love them already.

I just noticed that the foot on the blue maxima looks weird. It is a white colored stalk with a frayed end. I was not able to get a picture but I will later. Should I be concerned?

thanks,

That's what bysal threads should look like. Give it time and it'll attach. Keep in mind that it needs to be put in it's final place fairly quickly so it can attach. You'll be best off putting it on a flat(ish) rock to attach to. This way, once attached, you can move it with the rock.

thanks! The frayed stalk as I called it fell off today and then I put him (max) on a flat rock. He opened up right away and seems very happy now. The Squomosa (mosa) is also on a rock. She appears to be happy too. That makes me happy :)

That's what bysal threads should look like. Give it time and it'll attach. Keep in mind that it needs to be put in it's final place fairly quickly so it can attach. You'll be best off putting it on a flat(ish) rock to attach to. This way, once attached, you can move it with the rock.

Back